The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
have any of u had this happen? was in ladder stand sat. guy comes into woods from power line, stops, holds his arms wide, i did the same thinking he wants to say "see any deer?" he hollers the 60 yds. do you have permission to hunt this land? i musta been in a pretty good mood. said who wants to know? he said he knows the owners of this land, that is his stand, and he been hunting from it about 5 yrs. i offered a quiet challenge "why don't you come up here and we'll talk. he gets 25 yds from me, and i said who R U? he gave me a name, and i said well..... as a matter of fact; this is MY STAND!! he instantly put his tail between his legs, and we talked it over for 15 mins. he left saying "arent you glad i'm watching out for your stand??

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Thats a good one, My daughter and I were sitting on my dads property this year under one of our stands. A guy climbs up a stand on next property over. He is probably 60 -70 yards away, after we watch him get comfortable and look through his scope a couple times he looks back and spots us.
He gets out a orange rag and proceeds to wave to me to leave. I busted out laughing, my daughter looks at me and said ...we are not leaving are we?.

I get along with the neighbor so on walk home later I went to his house and asked who was hunting his property......it was a freind of of freind.........I kinda had to laugh it off, him trying to get me to leave our property LOL

·
Registered
5,590 Posts
A couple of years ago a guy tried the "I'm the land owner" deal on a group of us getting ready to put on a drive. The landowner was part of the group and played this fellow like a fine tuned fiddle. It could have gotten ugly but it didn't, A couple of us had to turn our backs to keep from busting out laughing.

Long story short, the guy left red faced and whenever his is seem, which is rarely, his is always asked if he still owns that piece of land.

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
My BIL owns property out towards Brush Valley. He parked His Truck in the old Lane. Some loud Mouth stopped and gave Him Heck for Parking there!! Wrong thing to say!! He informed the Guy, in not to nice terms, that He owned it and can Park anyplace He wanted too. Guy got real nicy nicy after that.

·
Registered
5,671 Posts
probably 10-12 yrs ago my dad and I went to our stands at camp in archery season. He walked the 45 minutes or so back into his stand and gets to the base of the tree, its pitch dark mind you, and a light shines down from the stand onto him.

He looks up, I would have peed myself, and a voice says his nick name in the form of a question like is that you?

My dad responds to the voice Bill???

Here his cousin crawled into my dads stand bc he didnt know we were going to be up there lol.

·
6,466 Posts
happened to me once a guy pulls up and says hey cant you read I said yep for about 20 years now....he said don't get smart with me and he said read that sign I said it says posted and he said that's right then I said the name below is mine he said oh your ......and I said yep he said just keeping an eye on it for you I said thanks and he pulled away......never saw the guy again.

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Buddy of mine,a tough old irish guy, an ex-marine. He is dead now, goes to his stand on the 2nd day of rifle season and lo' and behold there is a guy in the tree. It was a hang on with screw in steps and a coupla ladder sticks. He tells the tresspasser to get out and the guy wont leave. My buddy starts climbing up the sticks/steps, gets to the top screw in step and unscrews it and tosses it to the ground. Proceeds to go down the tree unscrewing and unlatching everything associated with getting into the stand. Gets on the ground, looks up to the hunter and says to him, "Have a nice day!" and leaves. Have no idea how the guy got out. By the way, this was before cell phones.

·
Banned
152 Posts
went to get in my ladderstand for a quick afternoon hunt this past year and as im approaching i see a huge orange blob waving his hat at me, so i continue in and as i get about 15 yards from my stand this guy stands up and says, "you have a lot of nerve" i politley asked him why he says that, he replies " takes a real jerk to walk on someone who is already hunting a spot" then he proceeded to tell me that "youre just jealous because i found this good spot with this stand before you got here" i kindly pulled out the property map with the stand location and showed him where he was, i then asked him if he knew the property owner, he said yes, so i said well who is it, he says its government property (ft indiantown gap), from the stand you can see posters on three sides, i asked him if he saw the posters on his way in, and he said oh yeah i did, someone must have put them up to protect this hunting spot, i asked him where he bought his ladder stand, he replies "got it at dicks" then he says well we have talked long enough and i would like to get back to hunting, i said sure thing, so i walked to the boundary, grabbed one of my posters, and walked back to him, he yells at me "Youre ignorant", I climbed the ladder, handed him the sign and my drivers license, looked at him and told him, jokes over sir, time to leave my land, and my stand!
he handed me my stuff, climbed down, and left, never said another word......i didnt see any deer, i was too busy and laughing way too loud! People are funnnnnny

·
Registered
3,770 Posts
I posted a true story a few years ago about a buddy of mine who had a similiar encounter on his own property. He climbed the stand and tossed the guy down to the ground. when he refused to leave my buddy got down and kicked the tar out of him, drug him to his car, and told him where he could retrieve his gun. A woman showed up for the gun, and not a word was ever heard about it again. I don't condone that, and it was a long time ago, but true no less.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Not much of one, but I was in a new spot in my hang on stand. I heard something approaching on the far hillside on the property I hunt. It happens to be another hunter. He has no clue I am there. He stops, unpacks his climber and proceeds to get ready to climb. I wait until I can climb down and make it to him before he can pack up so that I can inform him he was on posted property, which he knew.... I climbed down crossed the creek and was within three steps of him when I said hello. He about jumped out of his camos....I knew him and the look on his face was one of shock. He started making excuses as to why he was there, etc.. I kindly asked him to leave and reminded him that as an adult, he should know better.

·
Registered
946 Posts
These are some funny stories but they point to the real joke which is PA trespass law. Would be nice if it was more in favor of land owners.

·
Registered
5,796 Posts
A local hunting club not far from my cabin seems to think they can run over any ground they desire. We actually have an abundance of Pa. best kept secret of k's acres of public hunting real close. I was driving over to my camp last year second week of rifle season and along the road on my property i seen a hunter walking. I asked him what he was doing and his respnce was we knew this guy wasent home so we thought we would drive his ground. I left it ride and didnt say anything until last week. They decided last week that i wasent there due to i plow snow to do the same thing except they parked there vechicles in my driveway. I called the president when i found out what they did and same responce , well you wasent there so we decided to drive your place. Yep, its my place next time i will prosecute.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Thats funny that none of these stories are being told from the side of " one day i snuck on this guys posted land and climbed up in his tree and then argued with him about who owned" I guess they are not very proud of that.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts