The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any idea when we will be able to buy ammo again. I was at Cabela's yesterday and the shelfs were almost bare. The area where they sell brass is almost completely empty. If u try to order any it is all back ordered. Are we getting ready for a civil war or something?

·
Registered
815 Posts
If you can't find any than you are not looking to hard. Last time I was the gun shop he had fully stocked shelves and more on the way. He even has a good bit of 22lr

·
Banned
445 Posts
Reloading supplies all over the US are in short supply. People are buying everything up as soon as it hits the web sites or shelves in the store. Loaded ammo on the other hand seems to be coming in to stores on a frequent basis. Seems like the ammo manufactures are focused more on loaded ammo than reloading components.

Ron

·
Registered
239 Posts
I did not buy any for a long time. Refused to pay the inflated prices and I'm not a hoarder. Recently I have seen supplies locally come back to near normal except for 22LR which is what I wanted to buy.

I was at Cabela's on Sunday and picked up 2 boxes of 9mm and they had plenty. The salesman made a point of telling me that there was no limit. I only wanted 100 rounds so not a problem for me.

I'd love to go plinking with my 22 but that seems to be an issue for now. Hopefully it's resolved soon and supply and prices come back to normal. You can always hope.

·
Registered
6,416 Posts
Talked to the head of sporting goods at a local Walmart yesterday.

He didn't get any .22 LR at all last week or yet this week. Said he had no idea when more would show up. But it's been more miss than hit for a long while.

·
Registered
260 Posts
reloading supplies around here have came back pretty strong. Even strtting to notice alot more 9mm in stock. Still cant find 22 mag though

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Supplies are gradually coming back. 22 pretty easy to find on the net but prices are still out of line even though we'll probably never see 19.99 for a brick again.

·
Banned
445 Posts
I was at Cabelas yesterday and 12 bricks of 22lr Blazer ammo was on the shelf. I delayed buying a brick while waiting in line for a scope. All 12 bricks were sold when I went back 1/2 later. Cabelas had no powder and very short supply of bullets. Loaded ammo looked to be in pretty good supply depending on what you are looking for. This is just crazy.

Ron

·
Registered
239 Posts
Ron Vought said:
I was at Cabelas yesterday and 12 bricks of 22lr Blazer ammo was on the shelf. I delayed buying a brick while waiting in line for a scope. All 12 bricks were sold when I went back 1/2 later. Cabelas had no powder and very short supply of bullets. Loaded ammo looked to be in pretty good supply depending on what you are looking for. This is just crazy.

Ron
Just curious, what was the price for the brick? I was there last Sunday and they had none.

·
Registered
3,622 Posts
Anyone around or are going to be around the E-town area Kinsey's have primers and a fair amount of various 1lb. bottles of powder and one 8# jug of IMR-3031.

I didn't look real close at all the primers but there was at least 6 bricks of Fed 210s

Bill

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
I was at Trops on Sunday and they have very little in components. No Alliant powders (I wanted RL15), two Hodgens: H4895 and BMG 50; couple IMR's; Lot of pistol primers, some LR and few SR primers. Lots of loaded ammo. But the parking lot and inside store filled with customers. There must have been 150 or more long guns on display,.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
I was at gander mountain in Chambersburg on Saturday, I picked up 1 lb of H110 for 25 bucks and a pound of Bullseye for 25 bucks. I haven't seen Bullseye in forever. They had probably 7-8 cans of powder but only 1 of each type.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Check out the new grice flyer on line, big sale this weekend and just about everything in stock that the average shooter needs or wants..

·
Registered
451 Posts
I stopped at Grice's on Saturday. They had some powders, mostly IMR and Hodgen. CCI primers a fair amount limited to 1k of each type. Bullets left a lot to be desired, not much at all. Read the fine print in the flyer, Items in stock at time of printing. I think they will get cleaned out this weekend. Almost forgot 22 CCI Standard Velocity $44.95 per brick, limit one. But you can buy a case of 5000 Remington\Eley 22's for $700.

·
Registered
473 Posts
IHMSA53393 said:
I stopped at Grice's on Saturday. They had some powders, mostly IMR and Hodgen. CCI primers a fair amount limited to 1k of each type. Bullets left a lot to be desired, not much at all. Read the fine print in the flyer, Items in stock at time of printing. I think they will get cleaned out this weekend. Almost forgot 22 CCI Standard Velocity $44.95 per brick, limit one. But you can buy a case of 5000 Remington\Eley 22's for $700.
grices always saves a lot of stock for the new sales. they will be stocked Friday morning and back to normal by sunday

1 - 20 of 21 Posts