The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys....Looking For Some Advice On Training A Nine Week Old Chocolate Lab...New At The Training Game..Just Looking For Some good Books Or Tips From You Guys On How To Start And When To Start...Anything Would Help Thanks

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
You need to get a training program and follow it to a T. There are several out there and some are very pricey, but are well worth the money for what you and the dog will get out of them. Mike Lardy,Evan Graham,Bill Hillman, Rick Stawzie. They are all worth the money. Most of these will walk you through them step by step. Bill Hillman has a great puppy. Google gun dog training programs.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Training a retrievers puppy by Bill Hillman is the best puppy DVD on the market

Then I would recommend Mike Lardy total retriever training Vol II DVD set to help u continue & finish up his training.......

·
Registered
4,887 Posts
We did Richard Wolters Family Dog with our last lab. He had a gun dog also.
Not sure how it compares to others listed but was very happy with the results.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
For a puppy most people go with Sound Beginnings Retriever Training Jackie Mertens or Training a Retriever puppy by Bill Hillmanram. Then switch to Evan Graham Smart Works retriever training or Mike Lardy total retriever training. Where are you located?

·
Registered
257 Posts
Swamp, I sent you a PM. You are welcome to come train with my group any weekend or with the Central PA Retriever Club during one of the monthly training days.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts