The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are one week into our Living4theoutdoors Big Buck Pole and already got in a Giant! Take a look at this buck shot yesterday. I scored it with a rackulator and it scored 181 total inches. Unreal buck. Anyone wanting to keep up on our buck pole go to facebook and type in Living4theoutdoors and you will see the updates.
Video Click Here--> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OTCaL9ju6c

·
Registered
768 Posts
You mean deer can get that big if I don't shoot them when they are 13" wide 8 pointers????

Awesome!!! Congrats to your buddy, I'm sure he's still grinning ear to ear!

·
Registered
12,363 Posts
Great Buck for Sure!! Congrats to the lucky hunter!!

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Boone and Crocket is typically used when a deer meets a certain size. in this case the non-typical would fall just short.

typical whitetail deer

non-typical whitetail deer

What a beautiful buck!

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
Bigbrownie said:
I see were this buck got disqualified from their contest. That buck looked like a high fence deer to me.
I heard the same...something about tag holes in the ears...and the video is gone...are you kidding...

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
Video deleted... Was there another story behind that deer?

·
Registered
12,363 Posts
This is the post from Facebook.

It comes with great disappointment to me that I am disqualifying a buck from the Big Buck Pole due to my investigation on this buck that leads me to believe this deer was not taken in a natural setting in the PA woods like I was told. In the ears of the deer were holes where it was tagged and I was told by the hunter that it had two Penn State tags in its ear. I gave him a day to come up with the tags and apparently those are lost. I gave him another option to take me to the farmer that took the in field picture of the deer and that option was denied. Two phone calls were also not answered and several messages were answered in a roundabout way. As archery hunters we were all excited for this deer and I apologize to anyone this angers, but I have done my part, investigated the deer, made my educated decision to disqualify the deer and that is the best I can do at this point. I want to also point out that the hunter asked me to delete all posts and take him out of the buck pole. With that being said I will get out my popcorn and respond to the comments the best I can. Also I want to congratulate Eric McClafferty who is now in the lead with a great PA buck scoring in at 119 inches on the nose.
I note that all decisions of living4theoutdoors staff are final and the hunter in question will have his entry fee refunded. Any and all comments made about this matter are not endorsed by living4theoutdoors nor do they represent the opinion of living4theoutdoors or any member of its staff.
~Benny P~

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
It is a shame, anyone who goes to that extreme just to win a big buck pool is at best not a trusted individual. Here's the problem, if it was from a high fence, and tagged as a wild deer in Pa. isn't that another problem? Just goes to show, this sort of thing does not just rear it's ugly head for this instance, their are more than likely other circumstances he has done this type of thing before. Way to buck up and D/Q the guy, but someone should be looking into the circumstances a little closer.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts