The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A little shout out to Leupold Optic's quality and customer service. My dad has a 47 year old VX-2 scope. Long story, it was dropped a number of years ago and would not hold a pattern. In the span of 3 weeks, he mailed it back (to Oregon), they replaced both adjustments, inspected it, and shipped it back. Free and no questions asked!

·
Registered
9,840 Posts
Pretty much my experience with them also.

I've sent two scopes back to them. One was a 8.5-25x with a sunshade that I had the rifle leaning on a tree and knocked it over. The threading on the sunshade locked up and I couldn't get it off with a level of force that I was comfortable with. I sent it back and they took care of it as well as doing inspections and cleaning of the scope.
I just sent a 2-7x shotgun scope back that I thought maybe wasn't holding groups. They checked it all out, cleaned it, etc.
Both times - no charge and very timely service. They also sent me emails to keep up on the status of where things were.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We kind of joked that we rarely get to use a "lifetime warranty" 47 years later. Many companies are out of business by then!

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
Sent one back I bought at an auction, The adjustments looked like somebody tried to adjust them with a chisel. Sent it back, it came back looking like a new one NO CHARGE.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Leupold is the best for customer service. Just found out (after 10 years) that I can get one scope a year at 50% off MSRP. Just received my Shotgun/Muzzleloader scope in the mail....It is my 5th one. Will never buy anything else.
Dave

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
DCabets28 said:
Leupold is the best for customer service. Just found out (after 10 years) that I can get one scope a year at 50% off MSRP. Just received my Shotgun/Muzzleloader scope in the mail....It is my 5th one. Will never buy anything else.
Dave
How can I get the same the deal

·
Registered
208 Posts
Good report!!

I own 4 of their scopes and never had to send any back. All have withstood extreme conditions/punishment. Guess that says something too!

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
How can I get the same the deal [/quote]

Become a Hunter Ed instructor.....There are many companies that offer nice discounts BUT Leupold has the sweetest deal.
Dave

·
Registered
20,862 Posts
I had a pair of wind river cascades for about 10 years before the pull up eye cups stopped working.I sent them in right before hunting season and bought a pair of Leupold acadias,which were actually a step up.The acadias never focused correctly and I didn't like them near as much as the cascades.Leupold sent me a brand new pair of cascades with twist up eye cups so I sent the acadias back.They sent them back to me and said nothing was wrong with them.The less expensive cascades are crystal clear and the more expensive acadias are crap in my opinion.I guess I'll just have to call them and see what they'll do about it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts