The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How can I tell if I have a .209 primer set-up or a #11 percussion cap set up on my Knight LK 93 muzzleloader. I thought it was a 209, but everything I look at says to use #11 percussion cap. I used 3 209 primers in it today to see how it shot, and had trouble keeping the primer inplace.

When I got it to stay, the gun did fire, but I don't want to screw up the gun in any way.

Would like to know before Saturday, because I will have to go buy new primers and possibly new powder ( was using 7/7/7 50 grain pellets) but again everything I have read says to use Pyrodex Rs or Select.

If you want to call me stupid and say I should have asked before I shot, go ahead, I won't argue with you.

·
Registered
12,891 Posts
If it is #11, there will be a nipple like on any percussion gun. If it is 209 it should have a round hole where the 209 can go in recessed and the bolt striker will have a little firing pin on the end.

·
Registered
38 Posts
The base of the #11 striker indent should be flat.
The base of the 209 striker indent should have a pointed cone.

#11 nipple

and its breech plug

209 conversion breech plug

209 Full Plastic Jacket

·
Registered
67 Posts
Fellow Knight owner here, I would get the conversion kit for your gun, I love the full plastic jacket, 100% water tight from experience trust me. not that big a hassle s people say, you sit down on night with you favorite beverage and load primers into caps, 1/2 hr one night and your good for 2 seasons atlest,,, Oooooo big deal ive heard 2 different stories that T/C owneres no ignition during the first day inthe rain, you wont ever have that problem if you change your ignition.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts