The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

Kitty Kats

4K views 17 replies 11 participants last post by  Sidney Smith 
#1 ·
Saw on ABC 27's 6 pm news that there is a Moble Home Park in Northern York County that is having problems with Feral Cats after folks move out of their Trailers and let their cats behind.

Seems there is a Big Problem starting with so many Feral Cats.

Part of the News Report (No Link yet to the story on ABC 27's Site) was an interview with some lady from the Humane Society of Harrisburg and she was suggesting that people start to do the Trap Spay/Neuter Release in the area with the Cats.

I understand this has gone round and round a few times, the PGC says it is Illegal to do this, introducing a cat back into the Wild that is Not Native to PA and will only cause Problems and have a Negative Inpact on Wildlife, Yet it seems the PGC will not upset the Kitty Kat Ladies on this Subject.

WHY?

I'll Direct this to You John S., Seeing you have had many dealings with this Subject before you Retired.
Why is it that the PGC will not step up and do something about this??

Come On, If someone went into an area where there was Feral Dogs and did something like this, you Better Believe the PGC would be all over it...Yet when it comes to these Cats, they stand Mute on it and will not do anything!

Feral Cats are getting to be a Major Problems thru out the State in different Areas...Heck, sometimes while Traping, you need to thin out the Feral Cats Before you can catch any furbearing animals!

It is about Time the PGC Starts pushing this Law...Enforcing it as it is Written and not Standing Mute about it!

I agreed FULLY about the Lady that had the little Stormy Tweety Bird, She Violated a Law...She Faced up to that Law, the WCO went and took little Stormy from her...many said that a WCO should NOT Pick and Choose Which law they enforce...Yet this Subject, they stand and turn their backs on it!

Would be nice to see the WCO of York County start handing out Nice Little Fines to those who will do as the news report suggested by them doing the TNSR!

See less See more
#2 ·
Get the popcorn....this one should get good.

Some lady gets incarcerated for piercing a few cats ears and selling them as Goth Cats and folks want to wholesale euthanize cats instead of trap, spay, and neuter.

The uproar over Stormy will be small potatoes compared to this.

#3 ·
Actual question-

Does the GC really have authority over feral cats? I would think it would be a Ag Department responsibility.

Then again, the feral hogs were until a judge failed to read the LAW...

#5 ·
If they are caught releasing the cats back into the wild I have no doubt the PGC will charge them, the York co. DA has gone on reord that he will personally see that anyone trapping nuetering cats and releasing them back into the wild is prosecuted.

#6 ·
Don't really know which one has authority....but I imagine if homeless hogs ended up on their list I wouldn't be suprised if cats would too.

But either way they'll take the heat. ....Ban trap, spay, and neuter or have a mass annialation.

This will stress the deal with the devil.

#7 ·
John S said:
If they are caught releasing the cats back into the wild I have no doubt the PGC will charge them, the York co. DA has gone on reord that he will personally see that anyone trapping nuetering cats and releasing them back into the wild is prosecuted.
WOW, A DA in the State with a Brain in his Head to understand what will happen if this were left to go on!

GREAT to Hear that the DA will back up the Local WCO on this Subject!

#9 ·
Might not have authority over them....yet.
Things seem to change quickly here in Pa...as BT pointed out. Then there is the whole "invasive non-native species" being released thing. And at that point you know our new found friends at HSUS are gonna bring pheasants up.

http://www.humanesociety.org/issues/pheasant_stocking/

#10 ·
Special interest group they are.Back quite a long time ago special interest groups were given an open door.Our goverment passed the law and it has grown.People in government are now afraid to tell them no.I will not state the law but perhaps a few of you can figure it out.In Pa when the smoking law started in Allegheny county I was mad and I don't smoke.I said it would go statewide and it did.Just another government control.Say aguy gets a group of people together that don't like blue cars and the group says people should not be able to drive them in Pa.Minority group will win because liberals have no real set goal for themselves in life.They need to attack something new after they win one.Pheasant hunting will be on the list along with the next form of hunting.Until hunting no longer exists.Ferals cats will be protected under law.Minority groups always win in the long run.Are hunters ina vocal minority group?Nope we can't stand together we bicker like kindergarten kids on here.Minority groups keep the internal battles free from the public eye.

#17 ·
diablo666 said:
Special interest group they are.Back quite a long time ago special interest groups were given an open door.Our goverment passed the law and it has grown.People in government are now afraid to tell them no.I will not state the law but perhaps a few of you can figure it out.In Pa when the smoking law started in Allegheny county I was mad and I don't smoke.I said it would go statewide and it did.Just another government control.Say aguy gets a group of people together that don't like blue cars and the group says people should not be able to drive them in Pa.Minority group will win because liberals have no real set goal for themselves in life.They need to attack something new after they win one.Pheasant hunting will be on the list along with the next form of hunting.Until hunting no longer exists.Ferals cats will be protected under law.Minority groups always win in the long run.Are hunters ina vocal minority group?Nope we can't stand together we bicker like kindergarten kids on here.Minority groups keep the internal battles free from the public eye.
Sportmens visual internal bickering isn't much of the problem. That's been going on as long as I can remember. The problem now is the other side has changed tactic and appeal to some of our own by dangling a carrot that fits into their agenda. Time will tell what those carrots actually cost.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.