The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i got a few beaver and had to kill some small trouble makers to help some land owners out. Was wondering if anyone sold small beaver this year? I might keep and tan a few of the little ones.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Bobcat sold some at our fur sale in Feb.....6 kits(16-18 pounders)with 8 adults and got a $44.00 right straight through

·
Registered
864 Posts
I wouldn't mind picking them up to learn to flesh on. I am going to learn to do this for future beaver trapping. I got the shaft selling my beaver pelts green this year

·
Registered
5,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
they are all fleshed and stretched already. i'm working on tanning one that i put a hole in with the fleshing knife now. if it comes out i will tan a few of the smaller ones i guess. i had a couple that were around 10lbs.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Bobcat, I am trying to send you a PM. Could you clear out some space. Won't let me send you a PM. Not about this topic, something else. Paul

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
You might find some traditional Muzzleloader hunters willing to buy a tanned one. Might make a nice shooting bag. I bet a 10lber would look nice in a cat or coyote mount if done right.

·
Registered
4,309 Posts
flyguy said:
Bobcat sold some at our fur sale in Feb.....6 kits(16-18 pounders)with 8 adults and got a $44.00 right straight through
Did you get a $44 average (as in some higher, some lower), or did they say each of those beaver are worth $44.
Why are the little ones the same price as the big ones?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts