The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not a whole lot of change. Ill slow down the updates, but i did get my first photographed deer in the plot. A small fawn in the late morning came out and fed on the brassicas. He/She got spooked when my air exchanger outside kicked on and bounded a few steps out into my lower yard over seeded with oats and clover. He/she fed for awhile before bedding down. Enjoy the pics. I hope to have more as fall turns to winter. And if i can only find his daddy and put the smack down.

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
That last pic is good Shady... Looks like a little girl to me, but with as little as it is, it may not have buttons just yet.

·
Registered
27,829 Posts
Shady, how tall is that stuff? Looks like 8 inches or more?

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah, the part she is walking through is probably about that. It has not been grazed yet. The lower half has been hammered mostly by two ground hogs and some deer here and there. Question about ground hogs: I havent seen them in awhile...when do they hibernate?

·
Registered
27,829 Posts
Question about ground hogs: I havent seen them in awhile...when do they hibernate?
When you "feed" them some lead.

·
Registered
27,829 Posts
Make sure you wear an orange hat when dispensing lead. LOL

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
I have killed ground hogs during November in turkey season... I have seen them in January on a warm day. I would say, it all depends on the severity of the weather, but most are in their holes by mid Nov and are back out with the first warm day of March.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Got my first freeze and dusting of snow on my plot last night. Looks like another night to dip below freezing tonight.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I had six deer, 3 doe, 3 fawns, one looks like a button but not 100% yet, in my lower lawn that i overseeded with oats and clover about 6 weeks ago. They are back again tonight too. They are eating the turnips a little but not hammering them yet. Seem to prefer the oats right now.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts