The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Buddy called with a last min idea to head there this weekend.Didnt have to ask me twice

Its been YRS since we fished there,well over 20.Any help would be appreciated.

Any websites would be helpful with camping areas and of course any personal info would certainly be very much appreciated also.

As I recall 20 or so yrs ago we launched from Morrison Run and camped on a island or inlet.Also we're hoping to fish the tail waters too if the water is high enough for the boat.

Thanks for any and all insight.Maybe I'll run into some HPA folks if anyones up there while we're there.Take care,Paul...

·
Registered
28,459 Posts
River is going to too low for any prop boat, bring waders for the tailwaters.

Figures we are heading out of town...love to met ya Jackson!!!

I can say this, even if you don't get a nibble you are going to love the lake right now, colors are priming, no boat traffic from the marina (docks pulled, ramp open). Going to be pretty much your lake I would guess.

I'd link you up but off to work :(...hopefully the Kinzua boys will chime in today, if not I'll try to give you some more info tonight.

·
Registered
8,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks buddy I appreciate it.Your right,I'll LOVE it either way!!

Sure would have been great to shake hands.As it looks so far we'll probably be there till Thurs.Gotta get back to rest up for our PF Mentored Youth hunt.

Off topic but did you get any takers for tagging along for the Columbus day outing? Me and Paul Jr might be up for that.Take care,Paul...

·
Registered
9,145 Posts
Look up "Grizzly Gary" on Google and check out his board, he's got loads of info on Kinzua.

·
Registered
28,459 Posts
Thanks buddy I appreciate it.Your right,I'll LOVE it either way!!

Sure would have been great to shake hands.As it looks so far we'll probably be there till Thurs.Gotta get back to rest up for our PF Mentored Youth hunt.

Off topic but did you get any takers for tagging along for the Columbus day outing? Me and Paul Jr might be up for that.Take care,Paul...
Blueknob and his son are accompanying us again on the Staurday afternoon, I got no other reponses. If you want send me a PM, we are hunting Monday morning as well.

Last year we flushed 29.

·
Registered
8,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok thanks again.Let me talk over it with the son and the Mrs.

I still have to check out Garys site.I'm thinking maybe spending a day after steelhead too.Hope to have some fish pictures,I'll know for sure there will be a 'Tail' to tell. LOL.Take care,Paul....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts