The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone have a Kimber Montana ? Whats the good and bad of this rifle? thinking of getting one in 338 Federal or 325 WSM

·
Registered
11,110 Posts
I have the Montana in .338 Federal. It took awhile to get it shooting tight but now it does and I'm very happy with it.

If you get one and it has issues I'll tell you what I did.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Had one in 300WSM. Couldn't get it to shoot as well as they claimed it would but had issues with chambering second round from magazine after first shot. Bolt would seem to bind - back to Kimbeer 3 times and never repaired to satisfaction. Finally sold it and will never buy another Kimber. Was the largest disappointment in a gun I ever owned.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
4 years ago, I bought a Younkers made Kimber 84M in .308. It has been returned to the factory 3 times. First, one of the pillars was installed crooked; then I found a burr in the bore; and finally, when rounds were in the magazine, first shot, the box lid would open and those rounds dropped to the ground. Kimber did fix each problem. My only complaint now is that after 250 pills down the pipe, it still blues badly and is hard to clean. Accuracy is about average, but it will not accept reloads. I have heard many good stories from others about Kimber, but I would not buy another.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts