The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any thoughts on the Kimber Adirondack??? Yeah it is pricey BUT a 4Lb 13oz rifle with a 18in barrel gets me interested. Being it only comes in .308 and 7mm-08, I would opt for the 7mm-08. Was wondering if anyone actually held one?? Hoping to see one in person soon. They are to be releasedthis Spring BUT have heard of some being available currently------Just not close to me!!!
Any input or infois appreciated
Dave

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
I have a experience with the Montana and think very highly of it. At around 5.5 pounds naked with a 22 inch barrel is about perfect, in my opinion. I would not be able to warm up to the 18" barrel, but I'm sure it would be a great rifle if you don't mind the velocity loss. Is 11ozs worth 4-5 hundred bucks?

·
Registered
5,159 Posts
You'd be surprised how many people would pay upwards of that to save a few ounces. Not me, but a lot would.

·
Registered
11,277 Posts
RobOz said:
At around 5.5 pounds naked with a 22 inch barrel is about perfect, in my opinion. I would not be able to warm up to the 18" barrel, but I'm sure it would be a great rifle if you don't mind the velocity loss. Is 11ozs worth 4-5 hundred bucks?
Cut 4 inches off the Montana barrel and it will probably lose 3 to 4 ounces. I don't think it is worth the money and I prefer to have the longer barrel in the calobers listed.

·
Registered
6,416 Posts
Maybe if you like the Montana and have the cash.........

I could never warm up to the Montana. Feels horrible in my hands. So more (or less) of the same thing wouldn't do a thing for me at any price.

Find one and handle it.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I agree guys,,,,,,,,,If I wanted buy the Kimber I would buy the Montana. The Andirondack seems overpriced!!!
Thanks for the input guys!!!!

Dave

1 - 8 of 8 Posts