The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did anyone use the new Killzone broadheads from NAP this year? If so, what are your thoughts? I have read some mixed reviews online.

·
Registered
5,576 Posts
Thanks for noting NAP killzone. Unaware it was in 2 blade broadheads. Will keep the info handy on the computer.

As for mechanicals, some like them; some don't. Somebodies been making them for fifty years and they work.

Unfortunately, I don't change to change. If it works I stay with it. Used NAP fixed blades some twenty years ago and use them as backup. (don't throw stuff away)

Killzone ooks like a good blade to me, but I'd study how they work off the arrow and after practicing at my range. I wouldn't recommend any mechanical be used in hunting without studying them first. The archer can always foul up what the engineer intended. I find that more the case, than the other way around. All blades are "mechanical" in some respect.

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
My buddy used them on a buck and doe this year. He blew right through the doe and he shot a buck in the shoulder tonight. It went through the first shoulder but stopped just under the spine when it hit the opposite shoulder. Heads looked perfect, no bent blades or any deformation of the head. Huge holes, I was impressed with them but Im not leaving my QAD Exodus anytime soon.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I shot a bear in september with the deep six version. Was only about a 15 yard shot. perfect broadside. extremely happy with the performance of the broadhead. 2 inch cut on entrance and with the angle it just ripped him open going out. probably 4 inches. Ran about 20 yards and piled up. (heart Shot)

·
Registered
447 Posts
Shot a doe with them this year at 15 yards. Complete pass through. She ran about 50 yards and I saw her fall from my stand. The head was in looked very good after the shot as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts