The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
2,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, my last trip into the woods for the year was a success! I sat my normal late season urban stand in York, that I've done a ton of filming and killing out of the past few years. I hunted it the past few days and have been seeing plenty of deer, just didn't seal the deal. I thought tonight was going to be another busted hunt, but it turned out fine! At about 420, a doe and her two fawns, a spike, and a five pointer made their way across the small clear cut behind me and walked right to the base of my tree. I have video of the doe and one fawn sniffing the bottom of the ladder sticks. They made their way out to about 10 yards in front of me, so I centered the camera, drew my bow, and just as I was getting ready to squeeze off the shot, the person who lives right beside where I'm hunting pulled in his driveway in his cadillac cts-v coupe revving the engine (564 bhp sounds great btw!), and they all spooked. I thought the night would be over, but right about 5 o clock, three deer came from the other direction, and I took the first one that gave me a chance, which turned out to be a 1.5 yr old doe. Unfortunately, it happened fast, was getting somewhat dark, and I didnt get the shot on film. I did get some pretty great footage of the first 5 though, and I'll post it on here as soon as I can get it uploaded. Deer #7 with the bow on the year! Im headed to North Carolina for a week tomorrow, and the season will be over when I get back. Its been a pretty good season, and I definitely cant complain!

·
Banned
2,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys. I also forgot to mention the shot and equipment details. It was a 51 yard shot, which I ranged before taking it of course. I was shooting Victory VAP 350s with 100 grain Ramcat Broadheads. The arrow zipped through her and she had no idea what happened. She jumped a step, stood there for about 10 seconds looking around and then fell over dead. The arrow did pass through the thin part of the shoulder blade again, as with several other shots I took this year. The combination of those VAPs and the Ramcats is definitely a devastating combo. As much as I want to give the QAD Exodus a shot.next year, I just don't know if I can give up the Ramcats.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts