The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
12,209 Posts
I am so glad that I don't have children now. And I am so sorry that I live in a society that overreacts to everything. I can see the people behind this leaping up onto a chair at the sight of a mouse.

·
Registered
13,869 Posts
You WILL SEE and HEAR more stories like this....take it to the bank! Yes, disgusting indeed!

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
I would hope the NRA interviens and takes this nonsense to court.

·
Administrator
30,464 Posts
JerrySS said:
You have to question the accuracy of anything from Glenn Beck or Alex Jones.
The mainscream media cant be trusted at all after the way MSNBC got caught doctoring the Zimmerman tapes! What they did is unforgivable and the whole organization should be dissolved and it's principals put in prison just like they tried to do to George Zimmerman.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
DIYASUB said:
JerrySS said:
The mainscream media cant be trusted at all after the way MSNBC got caught doctoring the Zimmerman tapes! What they did is unforgivable and the whole organization should be dissolved and it's principals put in prison just like they tried to do to George Zimmerman.

·
Banned
994 Posts
DIYASUB said:
JerrySS said:
What does MSNBC have to do with this thread. The OP posted a story from Glenn Beck. Try to stay on topic.

·
Administrator
30,464 Posts
JerrySS said:
DIYASUB said:
JerrySS said:
What does MSNBC have to do with this thread. The OP posted a story from Glenn Beck. Try to stay on topic.
There was no mention of Glenn Beck in the article written by Jason Howerton.

Here's the headline and the byline.
N.Y. Dad’s Pistol License Suspended Over Something His 10-Year-Old Son Said — and It Could Be 8 Years Before He Gets It Back

Apr. 4, 2013 3:20pm Jason Howerton

·
Administrator
29,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That's gonna leave a mark

·
Banned
994 Posts
DIYASUB said:
JerrySS said:
DIYASUB said:
JerrySS said:
There was no mention of Glenn Beck in the article written by Jason Howerton.

Here's the headline and the byline.
N.Y. Dad’s Pistol License Suspended Over Something His 10-Year-Old Son Said — and It Could Be 8 Years Before He Gets It Back

Apr. 4, 2013 3:20pm Jason Howerton
Glen Beck is the founder and owner of "The Blaze". Seems like the only articles ever posted here are from The Blaze (Glenn Beck) and Infowars (Alex Jones). Both have been proven to be fear mongering journalism. Glenn Beck has actually admitted it.

If you want to be taken serious you need to distance yourself from these people.

·
Administrator
30,464 Posts
No thanks, I most certainly wouldnt want to be taken serious by anyone who thinks that outfits like MSNBC are legitimate.
Now, enough of this trying to discredit the messenger. Lets get back on topic.

·
Banned
994 Posts
Now, enough of this trying to discredit the messenger. Lets get back on topic.
The OP questioned the accuracy of the article as follows:
If this is accurate as written, it's plain disgusting!
I just responded to his accuracy question. You had no justification to personally slam me. Just you being you.

·
Administrator
29,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It wasn't a question. That would've looked like; "Hey, do you think this is accurate?"

But semantics aside, this is a question; Do you have any comments to the subject of the article, or are you just trying to deflect again?

·
Registered
4,951 Posts
Their was a update to this story. The SCPD confirmed that his licence was suspended, however the SCPD dosen't believe that John Mayer poses a threat to himself or others.

No final agency determination has been made yet.

·
Banned
3,632 Posts
JerrySS said:
You had no justification to personally slam me. Just you being you.
I saw two personal attacks in this thread, Jerry, and you authored both of them.

You do know that is against the rules, don't you?

·
Registered
24,796 Posts
The article is in discussion. Not the source.

From this point on, the article is the sole topic of discussion. Posts as above will be removed and the offenders dealt with without regard.

Opinion on the story, the reasons, solutions, and other such issues shall be the focus.

For the record, one and all, moderation will decide whom is outside the rules. If anyone has issues, use the notify mod button or send a PM.

I thank all for your support in keeping the discussion on track and CIVIL.

·
Banned
3,632 Posts
So Jerry, what specifically is written into how these background checks and gun laws will be conducted to prevent situations like presented in the OP?

Numerous examples of gun-grabbing zealots seizing every opportunity to take away someone's guns or rights keep popping up over the country where they are clearly in the wrong.

How will your agenda, the one you keep trying to push on others, prevent these unauthorized events from occuring?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts