The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I told my son if he saved his money I would match it on buying him a crossbow.I gave him 5 bucks back of his own money for a field trip I knew nothing about before hand.So he gets ready for bed and I ask so what did you decide?He hands me the 5 bucks and said put it where you will save it for me Dad.Ding,ding,ding,I think I found a winner out of 4 kids I tried to get hunting.Man I really hope so.I have been waiting for one of my kids to get what it's about.I had other things I wanted to buy but if the boy comes up short on his end he will never know.That is what Dads do.

·
Registered
28,459 Posts
I wish you the very best diablo!

I use to think I loved hunting back when I was young solo buck racking up game, then I became a hunting Dad..there is no comparison in those two stages of a hunter's life.

I have been so VERY fortunate that all 3 of my kids want to try it without much arm twisting (even if they carry sticks for a year or two), I do owe alot of that enthusiasm to my wife wanting to do it as well. As much as I try to teach them the endless details , I think watching their Mom get excited about it drives it home.

·
Super Moderator
4,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm sure we will.He knew exactly how may deer we saw last year and the sex of them.We disagreed on one deer being a buck until we found that little 5 point shot improperly.I explained that to him as well.This family does not take those shots.I wish I knew the person that did.This a 4 point area so hopefully it was a kid.I would explain the finer points of hunting.Like having enough respect for a clean harvest.A friend of his shot 5 or 6 deer last year.My son said he hunted inside a fence.My son said that isn't the right way to hunt.I tend to agree with him.He is deadly with my Excal so he may get one of them or something new to us.I would bet he picks an excal though.It will be his choice though.

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
The Axiom is available now. They are going to be the most popular in the Excalibur line. Very reasonable in price and great bows.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts