The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else been following them or heard about them?I'm about 20 minutes from their home field thats up Beech Creek way and know some of the kids parents and 2 of their coaches.The are playing and winning right now.2 more wins and they're headed to South Williamsport!Good luck kids!!

·
Registered
7,680 Posts
Awesome...every year we hope a PA team makes it to Wport so we have a "team" to pull for. We make the trek down each year for at least 1 day. The games I have been watching on tv have been great for the most part. Can't get enough baseball...my son turned 16 and is gearing up for fall ball after playing the regular season and AllStars. He'll be playing most games this fall in NJ in a wood bat league..1st time for that!! GO PA!!!!!

·
Registered
5,741 Posts
pamusky said:
Has anyone else been following them or heard about them?I'm about 20 minutes from their home field thats up Beech Creek way and know some of the kids parents and 2 of their coaches.The are playing and winning right now.2 more wins and they're headed to South Williamsport!Good luck kids!!
Didn't realize they were from Beech Creek. I'll be rooting them on. Also pulling for Warner Robins, Ga.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
MQ-1 said:
Awesome...every year we hope a PA team makes it to Wport so we have a "team" to pull for. We make the trek down each year for at least 1 day. The games I have been watching on tv have been great for the most part. Can't get enough baseball...my son turned 16 and is gearing up for fall ball after playing the regular season and AllStars. He'll be playing most games this fall in NJ in a wood bat league..1st time for that!! GO PA!!!!!
Hey MQ-1 I hope I see you folks there again this year...Dale Sholder usually stops by for a visit at the series. !(Not sure yet if I'll be down in Volunteer or up in Lamade yet)...sure pulling for the Beech Creek boys !

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They won yesterday and got the #1 seed!They play at 3:00 on ESPN today!Gonna be really cool to see some folks I know on ESPN!

·
Registered
2,870 Posts
they played well. They are a very solid team all around. Hope they get one more and make it to the show!

·
Registered
4,333 Posts
I will be there again . Always enjoy the time spent there. Good baseball and a fun time. Hope Keystone gets there be nice to root for a PA. team. for a change.

·
Registered
7,680 Posts
pamusky said:
ONE MORE!!!!!Sunday night at 6 on espn2!
Update....game has been changed to 11 a.m. Sunday due to weather concerns!!!!

·
Registered
9,499 Posts
Thanks, MQ-1 for the update. I was checking to see if anyone knew of the date / time for the next game.

Pretty cool to have a PA team in the mix.

·
Banned
11,450 Posts
Game is on now. Love this stuff.

·
Banned
11,450 Posts
Good defensive plays Keystone. The center fielder is a player and has a very strong arm.

·
Registered
9,499 Posts
0-0

Rain delay... I think it is the top of the 4th. Looks like it will be awhile until they resume play.

·
Banned
11,450 Posts
If they can't finish the game today, then the team with the best tournament record wins and goes to Williamsport.

That would be Keystone!

·
Registered
9,499 Posts
Really? The commentators never mentioned anything about that.... All they were yappin' about was how the Japanese pitcher from the other team had such a unique pitching style. I coached little league for quite a few years and actually looked it up today. I thought there was a rule somewhere that said the pitching motion had to be a continuous motion. I couldn't find it anywhere. You could definitely tell the boys were having a hard time hitting him.

I couldn't find any updates anywhere to see if the game was finished or if it looks like it will be finished.

I hope they will be able to play the game and win!

1 - 20 of 131 Posts