The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pulling out this afternoon for some waterfowl Kentucky style. This will be my first trip to hunt KY and hopefully not my last. Will be hunting private property with crop, slough, and ponds. Fingers crossed that we get a nice push of fresh birds during our stay. Keep ya guys posted.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Day number 1. Awesome compared to what I've shot in PA. Slow to these guys.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Are you hunting river, creeks, ponds, flooded crop fields, etc ...... ?

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
On the trek back to PA. Had a blast in KY. This was my first out of state waterfowl hunt. We were hunting cut crop fields/pits and boats and blinds on slough. Thursday morning ducks were all over us in the slough. We ended the first day with 25 ducks between two groups of hunters. My group should of had more but took some time to warm up. Friday it was a bit slower but we still got some gadwalls on the ground. Saturday and this morning were kinda dead. We picked up a few lookers but nothing to write home about. The Ohio flooded with the recent rains and left a lot of flooded fields to spread the birds out. We hit it at a bad time but still managed to have a whole [censored] of a lot of fun! We hunted hard and ate and drank harder. Made some new friends and hope to revisit them next year!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.