The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see a lot of advertisements for powder people use to keep track of the wind direction. Someone gave me this tip a long time ago and it works great. I tie a piece of sewing thread on the end of my stabilizer. It works great. It will show you the wind direction in even the slightes of breezes. You never have to pull anyting out of your pocket. It is always there. Try it and good luck everyone.

·
Super Moderator
12,809 Posts
I tie a very light sewing thread to my bow limb and use a squeeze bottle filled with baking soda to check the wind...add few small pellets to break up the powder on a damp day.

The thread tells me wind direction at a glance. I check it often and always as I see deer approach. The fine powder shows me if my scent is carrying for some distance or if it is quickly dropping to the ground.

·
Registered
452 Posts
I like the thread idea, great tip. I have a small sock with baking soda in it that stays in my pack for scent purposes. But I take it out and just a little sqeeze puffs a small cloud of powder out and it's a quick way to check the wind.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts