The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took the fishing Kayak on its maiden voyage yesterday afternoon at a local lake. The fishing was bad but the paddling was excellent!

·
Registered
24,858 Posts
I was out for the first time this year on Friday...Beautiful day.... geese turtles & ducks but no fish

I hit a few of the State Park lakes and some on Gamelands around here at least once a week thru the season... Really enjoy it.

Most of my fishing is with fly for pan fish but Friday I was throwing spoons & spinners.

Very nice looking kayak you have there...Best of luck with it and enjoy your times!!!

·
Registered
12,260 Posts
Very nice! Now one question. Do you think the $130 Kayak will suit your needs? I am wanting to buy some for the family when Dunhams have them on sale again.

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cspot said:
Very nice! Now one question. Do you think the $130 Kayak will suit your needs? I am wanting to buy some for the family when Dunhams have them on sale again.
Although this was my first trip, I really was impressed at this kayak as a fishing machine.

It had plenty of storage. the rod holders that came with the Future Beach unit were excellent and the fact that it weighs only 45 pounds but yet holds 300 pounds on the water really impressed me. This kayak really cruises through the water while paddling which is what else I was impressed by.

A few things I would like to add to the kayak to make this the ultimate fishing vessel would as follows.
1) A more comfortable seat. The seat isn't bad but after about 3 hours I needed a bit more butt padding and a higher back rest.
2) A good fish finder. I've been looking into them. While paddling around, it would be nice to know the depth and structure underneath you.
3) Electric Trolling Motor. I was surprised how fast the kayak cruised across the lake just by paddling. This unit would work fantastic as a trolling machine with a trolling motor and a down rigger.

·
Registered
12,260 Posts
Thanks! I think they will work just fine for what we are wanting.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts