The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
I have 2 friends that keep them on their farm in upstate New York and they seem ok. One is an older 360 and one is newer. They like them. Very basic and a little slow but a workhorse none the less. Make sure the steering recall has been performed if it is a used one.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I have a '09 360 and a '10 brute force 650. The 360 will go/do everything the brute will, except go 70mph. They have the same drivetrain, so if it can handle the power of the v-twin it should last forever in the prairie

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
my uncle has one and loved it other then it had two problems. one was a belt tensioner that would go crazy every once in a while. the other was that it would start cutting out on him when he would ride through water or mud. he keeps it for his wife and kids to ride around the house and for a backup. other then that he loves it.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Bigben - Tell your uncle to look at how his carburetor vent hoses are routed. I had a Warrior that was doing the same thing when I went through water. I cleaned all (and I mean every) electrical connections, packed them in dielectric grease, and siliconed the ends of the connections where the wires go in. Went riding and the quad would still cut out when I went through water. Ended up that a vent hose was routed up and over the air boot and pointed straight down. Well, steam coming off the engine would find it's way into that hose. It would then condense at the top of the hose where it bent over the boot. Then the water would run down into the carburetor making it cut out and sputter. I rerouted the vent tube into the airbox and had no more issues.

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
will do. he doesnt ride it much but mainly just around the house. I told him that he needed to put dielectric grease in every connector if he wanted to play in the mud and water. he got his polaris and it is having the same problems. he thinks he has it figured out now we'll see this weekend. were heading to the skillet for a last minute run before the season ends.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts