The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Fellas anybody hear of or use a Kaw Valley Comp. I ordered one for my 450 Bush Master.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i got one on the way. i hear they are excellent and come highly recommended.
Yep, I heard the same and actually they are about the only ones I could find that had a comp. for the 450BM. Now all I have to do is figure out how to take the muzzle brake off my Ruger Ranch Rifle, looks like it's on there pretty tight.

·
Registered
16,981 Posts
they are on tight. it might take a gunsmith with the proper vise to do it. you have to grip the barrel and the brake. your muzzle break might be pinned if the barrel is under 16 inches. that makes the brake impossible for you to remove it unless you have the proper tools like a gunsmith has.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
they are on tight. it might take a gunsmith with the proper vise to do it. you have to grip the barrel and the brake. your muzzle break might be pinned if the barrel is under 16 inches. that makes the brake impossible for you to remove it unless you have the proper tools like a gunsmith has.
Yeah I think rather than messing around that's what I'll do, take to a gunsmith. (y)

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wayne, its not pinned....
Okay that's good to know, I was wondering about that. So maybe before I go to the gunsmith, if I give it a good soaking of WD40 it'll help break it loose a little easier too.

·
Registered
7,560 Posts
WD wont do anything..
..get 2 blocks of wood ..put in vice...drill a 1/2" or 3/4" hole between them...get a piece of leather to wrap barrel and put it vice...close to muzzle
..put a heat gun on break for about 5-10 minutes...many manufactures use a liquid loc on factory muzzle devices....and should come right off...

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Put that baby in a vice, and twist it off. I can do it for you.
Thanks for the offer, I believe my brother still has a vice I can take it over there.
I sold or gave away most all tools, vice and heavy bench when I moved to Oklahoma some years ago, should of put everything in storage until I was sure if I was going to stay there or move back to PA.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
WD wont do anything..
..get 2 blocks of wood ..put in vice...drill a 1/2" or 3/4" hole between them...get a piece of leather to wrap barrel and put it vice...close to muzzle
..put a heat gun on break for about 5-10 minutes...many manufactures use a liquid loc on factory muzzle devices....and should come right off...
Thanks for the advice, that seems to be on there pretty tight so that's what I'll have to do, get a heat gun and use my Brothers vice.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So, I was over to my Bro's house yesterday and he's got a heat gun, vice and a good solid work bench. All I have to do is wait for the Comp. then go over and help him clear out a spot on his work bench, ha,ha, to set up.

Should I use some Blue Lock Tight On the Comp. with a crush washer Kaw Valley Comp. says it isn't necessary, I don't know though there's a lot force coming out the end of that barrel.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts