The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Made my yearly trip to Kansas to run a few cats. We were hoping for better snow but we didn't get what they were calling for. First day was a bust because it wouldn't quit snowing and the second day was all we got in at the first spot. Put Cinder and Jr on a cold track and Cinder did an excellent job. Cold trailed it up and smoked it to a tree. My buddy Michael knocked it out, his first over dogs. He has a pup out of Cinder and Jr in the background. Cat bottomed out his 28 lb scale. Packed up that night and headed north east. First morning cut the dogs out on a cat. One circle was all it took. Cinder looked tough again, can't say the same for Saydee and Jr. Hunted one more day but ended up on property we couldn't hunt. That was the end of the snow so we came home. I am hoping Michael sends some pics of the cat in the tree cause I forgot my camera when I left the truck, as usual.

·
Super Moderator
12,786 Posts
Cool... Last time I archery hunted in Kansas I saw three running together. Pretty sight. First time I saw a Bobcat in the wild...saw their tracks several times, but never lucky enough to see a cat until then. Also saw a Lynx in Quebec...Big cat.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts