The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I looked at a couple today. Don't know what to think of them. Guy at the shop/counter said they're good but not sure if he just wanted to make the deal or what....anyone want to chime in

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Kahr is a quality firearm, but may be overpriced.

In my opinion, a Glock will serve you just as well if not better, and a little less expensive.

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
Go glock.

For years I turned up my nose at glock. Not even really sure now why that was the case.

My buddy bought a model 30 and it totally changed my mind. Compact and pretty accurate. I would like to get a model 36 for carry, same thing only a single stack and slightly narrower.

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
I beleive Kahr makes a good product. Their size and shape do fill alot of needs out there. Once you move away from their PM series, they are too over-priced. If I was looking for a mid-sized (not pocket sized) gun - I would not buy a Kahr - I am a Glock guy and own 2 of them with a 3rd coming soon.

I have heard Kahr has has more out of the box issues than most any other polymer handguns and print that they want you to do a free 200 round break-in period - which I have issues with, but that just might be me...

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have to say, they did feel almost to thin in my hand.....and it felt top heavy. He did tell me about running a couple hundred rounds through it.

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
I have had a Kahr MK 40 for about 8 years and I have never had a single problem with it. Well made all metal and small enough to put in our pocket if you don't want to use a holster. It shoots straight and I have never had a misfeed and I didn't have to run a couple of hundred rounds through it before it operated correctly. You can get a cheaper gun but it won't be as well made as my Kahr.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My daughter picked up a 38sp off a friend and we went to the shop by his house to transfer. I always get in TROUBLE with the wife when I go in those places $$$$$..lol

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
Frequently carry a PM9...never had a problem with it....

if you like carrying a little brick, get a Glock; otherwise spring for the Kahr....

·
Registered
82 Posts
I carried a KelTec for quite some time. My buddy got a kahr. Every time I shot his gun I was sad that I compromised to save $200.

But then I traded it in on an LCR.. ok thats where the story gets irrelevant, buy a kahr they're nice guns!

·
Registered
3,238 Posts
I have a PM9. It's extremely concealable, reliable and accurate. The older models had long hard trigger pulls unless you bought the elite series. The newer ones have the elite triggers and are smooth.
I'm also a Glock fan and see no difference in the performance or reliablity of either firearm.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts