The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
took a trip to the muzzleloader shop tonite and bought a can of k i k powder the shop said that i would like it if i tried it has anyone ever tried it or uses it

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
Never used it and I hope you give a review of how it shoots!! On another m`loader forum they all gave good reviews of it. It is a little cheaper than Goex. Keep us informed....

·
Registered
12,138 Posts
There was a study done on KIK powder that was published in Muzzle Blasts about three years ago. Never actually read it. ,may have to try to dig that one out.

Other than a couple pounds of Curtis and Harvey when I first started, I have never used anything but Goex. I did try Pyrodex once still have 80% of it. and bought a container of trip 7 that has never been opened.

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
I bought a batch of Elephant Powder back ,in the late 80`s??, and won a bunch of stuff shooting It. Ordered another Batch and it was absolute Junk and fed it to the Lawn. Been shooting Goex since.....

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thats all i use is goexs also but he pretty much gave it to me but everything (reviews) are all very good ill have to try it this weekend

·
Registered
532 Posts
I like this much better, Not near as much odor, Shoots vg in all our inlines, pistols and flinters. 2f is about the size of goex 3f.
Schuetzen Black Powder

Stan

·
Registered
9,480 Posts
What odor?Your not talkin about that sweet intoxiating smell of true BP are you?
Your not a true BP enthusiast if that sweet aromatic smell isn,t one of your main reasons to luv this sport.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Wifey threw me out of house first time I went to clean my flinter with goex, She was not happy at all, he he he

With new stuff she fine.

Stan

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i shot 13 round of the powder and after my frist 4 shots i up the powder 5grs because i was shooting a little low after that i was on target the cleaning was easy it is easier to clean then coex but all and all not to bad but i will stick with coex and i hooked up with a guy going to Va next month told me a price on 25lbs and i order it

1 - 12 of 12 Posts