The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellas, just wanted to share how blessed I was this morning in my attempt to get my buddy Justin on his first turkey ever. I was hopeful going into this hunt as I put a lot of miles in scouting this past week and knew I had good numbers where I was hunting. With no success at locating a bird before sunrise I set up on a spot that I felt the turkeys would most likely traffic to get to where I had been seeing them when scouting. After getting the decoy out they started sounding off and realized that we were in a good spot. After about 45 minutes of continuous gobbling I started to get nervous when the sound seemed to be getting further away. However, God is good, and he provided. I guess the turkeys decided to take the long route to us and 15 minutes later we had 2 jakes and 2 toms coming right towards our Avian X. At this point it got real intense because the jakes came in first and got within 5 yards of us with the big guys being about 15 yards beyond them. That sounds like a perfect setup but from the direction they were coming we had brush on that side. APpearing to get nervous, the jakes decided to take a turn in the wrong direction, but the toms decided to close the gap and Justin got a great shot at about 15 yards.

Calls used- Tim grounds Thunder, Cody Glass pot call; Quaker boy Yelper

Here's his "pro-satff" pic.

Praise God!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
24,077 Posts
Nice bird, congrats to you both

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
Nice bird! Heck of a paintbrush on that thing!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts