The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
That's crazy! Wonder if there was something wrong with it...

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
That is very strange.. Not sure I could have walked up like that and shoot that buck.. But I would have enjoyed just watching the up close encounter..

·
4,288 Posts
If I remember right one of the symptoms of CWD or Hemorrhagic Disease (or some disease deer are afflicted with) is that a deer begins to lose inhabitions. They can become dangerous to hunters because they had less/no fear of them.

·
Registered
8,214 Posts
Really...nice shot chris, that's hunting??!! What a joke!
Interesting footage though.

·
Registered
3,770 Posts
I've had that experience a few times, though not in deer season. Hard to put an explaination on it. I had a small four point actually follow me for quite a distance one time, and a respectable nine point walk around me for more than an hour while I cut firewood.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
corey22 said:
Really...nice shot chris, that's hunting??!! What a joke!
I would have to say that was said in jest.

Not sure what I would do in a situation like that. I guess if I thought the deer was sick (CWD, rabies, brain-damaged, whatever) and needed culled I would take the shot, or if he were to charge. Other than that, I'd have to be broke and really pressed for food to shoot a deer like that.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
I dont think a deer with CWD would take the time to scrape abd rub an area to make his spot. He was crazed and dazed with the almighty female

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
NiceRack! said:
I dont think a deer with CWD would take the time to scrape abd rub an area to make his spot. He was crazed and dazed with the almighty female
You are absolutely right. If any one has ever hunted the rut, and I'm not talking about the last week of bow season, cause that ain't the full blown rut, you will see bucks do some unexplainable stupid things. I don't think I could've shot that big dummy though.

·
Banned
11,450 Posts
Can't believe he shot that buck.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts