The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I just got done mowing a clover field and my neighbor ATV'd up up to say HI and ask about the bucks I have been seeing and getting a feel for his chance at bowhunting behind his house (permission granted) and we are chatting there at the mower it is about 3 PM, sunny, and hot.

He gets to asking about the cost and time I put into all these little plots and stuff , and how the farm on the other side of the hill has miles of corn and alfalfa growing to compete with...and just then a fawn steps out of my hinge cut tangle and starts eating right where I just mowed only 5 minutes ago, like 30 yards from us...NO KIDDING...it took a mouthful for the cutting, then started the head bob thing with us when he spotted us, then went back into the hinge. I could not of scripted it better. I REALLY have been on a high since.

Anyway, sometimes I forget the deer are my judge and jury...not the opinions of others. BTW, I think this was the little guy I wrote about in the spirit forum a while back, real nice size to him now.

·
Registered
27,829 Posts
Create it, and they will come......

Food, water, cover. Simple.

·
Registered
28,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Simple and very addciting Dutch.

I have the smallest parcel on that hill (short of the guy I was talking too that has 10 + house)..but I give it the most attention and it is really started to turn a corner now after 3 years of tinkering. I can't wait to live there 24/7/365. That should be good for my health, mind and soul,....as well as the critters.

·
Registered
28,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good for you RB - you need to start carrying the camera around with you.
I had it on the ATV which was on the other side of the field :(....I need to start wearing it on my belt again.

I told the guy "now there is a picture" , that is actually when the little guy looked at us. must of heard me.

·
Registered
27,829 Posts
I'd rather have the BEST 60 acres of wildlife habitat, than 1000 acres of the poorest habitat.

So many have proven that over and over......

·
Registered
21,042 Posts
Dutch said:
I'd rather have the BEST 60 acres of wildlife habitat, than 1000 acres of the poorest habitat.

So many have proven that over and over......
You got that right!!

·
Registered
735 Posts
Good to hear John, but try not to get too attached to them. You do have alot to be proud of for sure.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts