The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just started detecting on saturday with a cheap detector!!! In three days i found a 1956 english six pence, two wheat pennies 1945 and 192?, a horseshoe, a skeleton key, and havent left my yard yet!!! This is a great time!!

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Four more wheat pennies today including a 1917!!!! A set of keys, a piece of a brass bell?, and a decorative piece that may be silver!!!

·
Registered
4,714 Posts
Please share what kind of "cheap detector" your using? Sounds like a pretty decent one to me. How about some pictures?

·
Registered
11,357 Posts
dmccoy1 said:
Please share what kind of "cheap detector" your using? Sounds like a pretty decent one to me. How about some pictures?
Very good question as I am intrigued as well. Word of caution though, don't assume his soil conditions and trash density will mirror other spots. Id love to take my minelab over the spot after any detector, that's how much I believe in the top end features/technology.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Wow, you are off to a great start. A 1956 sixpence? That is a pretty odd find.

I just bought a detector a couple of weeks ago. After checking an old map of one of my hunting places, I found a spot where a house used to be. Didn't find anything right at the house spot with the detector set to find coins, but ended up finding an old hand drill and a rusted pair of pliers about 50 yards away (along with an antler shed).

What a great way to spend even more time in the outdoors.

·
Registered
3,770 Posts
Fun isn't it? And your already at 15 cents by my calculation! Go around the big trees, anywhere near where people got in and out of things ( cars, buggies ) etc.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ten of twelve wheats, a 1936 buffalo nickel and 1956 english six pence. Bottom left is what i believe to be part of a crotal bell!!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts