The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please tell me what you think and what I should change..I feel the only way to learn is thru constructive criticism

·
Registered
862 Posts
Colors are a little washed out. Were you using a flash? If not, trying stopping down the f# and it will give you a better depth of field and richer colors with better contrast. You could also take the ISO down to 200 and really make those colors pop.

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
David Rearick said:
Colors are a little washed out. Were you using a flash? If not, trying stopping down the f# and it will give you a better depth of field and richer colors with better contrast. You could also take the ISO down to 200 and really make those colors pop.
You're close enough (almost a macro) that F stop shouldn't matter much (the closer you are to a subject, the less influence aperature has with a particular lens), but you are a touch out of focus. As the last post indicates, you should stop down as much as possible to get better DOF. What kind of lens are you using?

I'd also check you're white balance - change to the cloudy setting for richer color when using a flash. Also, increase the saturation setting on your camera, if you have one. On a Nikon this setting is "optimize", image", "custom", "saturation" " enhanced".

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thnaks fellas that is the kind of advice I am looking for, I am having fun learning this hobby but the books can only teach you so much. Those flowers are in my house so I can practice on them wit the advice you all gave me then compare pics to see the difference as I don't have all the photo jargon down yet as far as washed out and definately got a lot to learn about fstops.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
it is a 70 300mm for my olympus. Now I need a macro lens and I should be set. Wife says no more money for lenses for a while. Thanks For the good comment and for looking.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts