The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just got back from picking up my new omega,it is a 50cal with weathershield,and a thumbhole camo stock.i got it at dicks sporting goods and they are on sale for $349.00.this is a great price since i looked everywhere online and the cheapest i could find was $547.00

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
going to try to get out next saturday to work up a load and do some shooting.im going to use blackhorn 209 and cci 209 primers,everything i have been reading about the powder is really good.

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
Get some remington or winchester muzzleloaders primers.More accurate.Also some Hornaday SST saboted or Barnes TEZ saboted bullets for accuracy.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i already got the barnes t-ez but i have to get the primers.what i have read people are saying to use winchester or cci primers,all other primer they are saying that they foul the breech plug.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
shot my omega today and it shot great.first shot at 25yds hit 1 inch to the right of bull,second shot at 50yds same placement as the first one.next shot was at 100yds hit 3 inches low below the bull.all this was done with open sights.my load was 77gr weighted of blackhorn 209,barnes t-ez bullets and federal 209 primers.i shot a total of 7 shot and everyone of the barnes loaded with ease and i did not clean the barrel.the blackhorn powder is great easy to load after many shots with out cleaning,very little smoke.anybody looking for a new powder to try try the blackhorn 209,it is alittle pricey but is worth it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts