The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just left Foxpro 20 minutes ago with a Fury2. My first electronic caller. Was out last night with Doug (Buckeroo), we had a coyote step out of the tree line when we first set up but went right back in. We weren't even siting down 30 seconds and he popped out. Had a few raccoons come out too but then the snow started and had nothing on the next 2 sets. Going to try the Fury2 out tonight, hopefully some pictures to come.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Had a good night. Started about 645, called a grey in and he jumped back in the woods. Finally popped back out after 5 minutes and headed straight for the call. Walked right beside it and knew something was up. He turned and came right up the hill and I shot him 18 paces from where we were sitting. I missed a coyote about 10 minutes before that also. Met another friend so we were up to 3 hunters. Set up in a small corn field with a grass field on the back side. Called in a red fox that Doug shot but we couldn't find. Tracked for 20 minutes and lost blood. I will have to check tomorrow. Our 3rd set we called a red in to 75 yards and the friend we picked up hit that one so I hit the call pretty loud and 5 minutes later another red came in from ~500 yards out. Watched him bounce in to about 100 yards and we took him. Overall had a great night with a couple guys hunting. Just picked the Foxpro Fury2 up this morning and I am more then pleased!

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Kyle I had a great night hunting with you guys. It was an amazing night and the predators were responding very well. Can't wait to do it again Friday night.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just picked up a Foxpro Fury2 Tuesday morning. I was starting off with Vole squeaks and then switching to Bay Bee Cottontail. Hit the Red Fox Distress a few times as well. Sometimes switch back to Vole Squeaks. The last one we shot was brought in on Bay Bee Cottontail but then switched to Vole Squeaks when he got within 200 yards and brought him to 100 and he stopped and barked a few times. Hit him there.

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
Congrats. 100 yards is quite the shot. What responded to the red fox distress? I don't have a red fox distress, only a gray distress.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have both red and gray distress. When we shot the first red I hit the distress a little, but I didn't noticed the 2nd red coming in until I was back to Bay Bee Cottontail. I set up all my presets and Foxbang last night so red distress should kick in.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts