The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I'd give you turkey nuts a heads up, I've got my mossberg 835 for sale in the classifieds. Turkey model, all you 11-87 guys finally got me to sell the 835 for a semi auto finally!

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
What would you need a Rem semi for? with a gobblin thunder choke and winchester #6 shot x-tended range 835 is the best turkey gun going. JMHO no need for a semi... turkey hunting is a one shot game for most hunters. LOL

·
Premium Member
24,188 Posts
I agree

·
Registered
177 Posts
I agree also....Its hard to get another shotgun to pattern like an 835 with the right set up.....My 835 smokes my buddy's Benelli SBII at 40.....Its just a good patterning gun

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I get an excellent pattern with this gun as well, true 50 yard killer. But thats not the game to me, I like em close. If I carried this gun everytime I went out over the few yearsIve hunted I couldve killed twice as many birds. In fact Ive killed more with my 20 guage 870 modified choke than this gun. I guess I worded it wrong but just in general everyone has convinced me I "need" a semi auto! It will be a multipurpose gun.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mathewsg5, Im not surprised the 835 outshoots the SBE, how much can you expect from an overpriced piece of plastic! haha

·
Registered
5,161 Posts
SnoodStretcher said:
There is no shotgun that will outshoot a stock 835, period.
Well, I beg to differ. That all dpends on how much time a person is willing to put into a setup. Given enough time any gun can be made into a supreme turkey slayer. That being said, if you want the quickest way to success, or to just pick up any box of shells, and a turkey choke, and get a decent pattern, the 835 is your best bet.

·
Super Moderator
13,699 Posts
Hunters can debate which gun and load is best; however, if you pattern your gun to have a good POI, tight group, use a steady hand, use the proper load/shot size and stay within your sure kill zone it does not matter which gun we use.

But it is fun to debate as many turkey hunters have done a lot of research and spent several $$ to come up with the combo they favor.

What is important is they we have fun, stay legal and ethical in our persecute of the elusive Spring Gobbler.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Killed all my birds with a Remington 870 Supermag pump. Any gun will kill a bird but brand name is a personal choice. To each their own!

·
Registered
2,147 Posts
You can't go wrong with an 835 as a turkey slayer.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts