The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
24,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cabela's · <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #FF0000">2,266,057</span> like this 9 hours ago · </span>

..Due to recent changes made by Reed Exhibitions regarding the Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show, Cabela’s will no longer sponsor this year’s event. After careful consideration regarding Cabela’s business practices, and the feelings of our customers, Cabela’s will, unfortunately, not have a presence at the Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show.

http://www.facebook.com/Cabelas/posts/10151239370968981

The gun ban at the show is huge news and each of us are on the front lines.

Keep the pressure up!

·
Registered
12,209 Posts
Thanks for passing this on. I hope the people who host this event, and who have made the decission to ban "assault rifle" references at it, get the message.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
What our local new paper still has about the eastern sportsman show.
The Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show will be held Feb. 2-10 at the Farm Show Complex, Harrisburg. More than 200 new exhibitors showcasing guns, archery, fishing, and boating, outdoor products, show specials and a new Tactical Gun and Accessories section highlight this year’s event. For more information, go to www.easternsportshow.com.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Everyone that was going to attend should stop at Cabelas instead to show support for that decision!

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
Bluetick said:
Cabela's · 2,266,057 like this 9 hours ago ·

..Due to recent changes made by Reed Exhibitions regarding the Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show, Cabela’s will no longer sponsor this year’s event. After careful consideration regarding Cabela’s business practices, and the feelings of our customers, Cabela’s will, unfortunately, not have a presence at the Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show.

http://www.facebook.com/Cabelas/posts/10151239370968981

The gun ban at the show is huge news and each of us are on the front lines.
Keep the pressure up!
No disputing that the gun ban at the ESOS is huge, but that's the number of people who "like" Cabelas. As of now, the number of people who "like" that post is 10,016.

The pot continues to stir. More will join. In the time it took me to type this, 11 more were added.

Steve.

·
Registered
5,968 Posts
outdrnut said:
Everyone that was going to attend should stop at Cabelas instead to show support for that decision!
I agree. And I am going to personally let Cabelas know that the money I would have spent at the show(parking, admission, food, all purchases, etc) will be spent at their store and/or catalog.

·
Registered
8,449 Posts
jec turkeydad said:
What our local new paper still has about the eastern sportsman show.
The Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show will be held Feb. 2-10 at the Farm Show Complex, Harrisburg. More than 200 new exhibitors showcasing guns, archery, fishing, and boating, outdoor products, show specials and a new Tactical Gun and Accessories section highlight this year’s event. For more information, go to www.easternsportshow.com.
did you call them to let them know part of the ad is false advertisement.

·
Registered
11,357 Posts
"more than 200". well at my last count, over 20% of those vendors have pulled, with more doing so by the day.

so two areas of their ad are false advertising IMO

·
Registered
699 Posts
fall gobbler said:
outdrnut said:
I agree. And I am going to personally let Cabelas know that the money I would have spent at the show(parking, admission, food, all purchases, etc) will be spent at their store and/or catalog.
Please remember the smaller vendors that backed out to support the 2nd A . Support them too.

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
wont be going to Cabelas either. like the outdoor show its too far from me. when is Cabelas going to put a store in western Pa?

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Yup..no way they build another one that close to Wheeling

I was hoping it was gonna be built in Grove City near the outlets..but the late Senator Byrd and his pork funds said otherwise

·
Registered
24,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hit I79 and go to Morgantown

·
Registered
365 Posts
Give the Hamburg store a call and let them know that you appreciate what they have done. I just called and they appreciated my call.

(610) 929-7000

·
Super Moderator
8,061 Posts
Was it a decision by the Hamburg store, or Cabela's Corporate? Believe it or not, the stores and the internet business are somewhat separated from each other.

·
Super Moderator
13,720 Posts
A few year back there was a Bass Pro planned for the Meadows area...It was put on hold...Do not know the current status.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts