The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a new Axis in 308 caliber. Never owned a 308 cal. before, always shot 270 cal. Came with Bushnell Sharpshooter 3x9x40 scope. I think it will work good for me...

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
I own a few myself congrats on the purchase. Do your self a favor and work on the trigger a bit. Makes a world of difference.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
I have a couple of Axis rifles. They shoot really well. I like the clip so i don't have to rack all the rounds out when i am done hunting or moving.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
In the stand now. Come on daylight and a buck so we can see if it can prove itself. Noticed yesterday the trigger pull is terrible. Going to fix after the season is over... Good luck everyone..

·
Registered
6,454 Posts
I like my 223 Axis... Purchased some commercial Winchester deer bullets for it this year... They shot tight groups at 100 yards..Looks like the rate of twist is just right for the 62 grain bullets..

·
Registered
12,676 Posts
uncle buck said:
I like my 223 Axis... Purchased some commercial Winchester deer bullets for it this year... They shot tight groups at 100 yards..Looks like the rate of twist is just right for the 62 grain bullets..
That`s good news. I was thinking about getting the same thing in the camo stock. They just came out with a heavy barreled version but just with the black stock for now. If they come out with a heavy barrel version with a camo stock I`m all over it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts