The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the wrangler was about to cost me a good chunk of change with a new top and clutch so decided it was time to change things up a bit. Decided to start looking for a new vehicle yesterday morning and by the afternoon I was driving one of these home. I must say I have always loved the style and capabilities of these and know it's a love or hate vehicle but so far I like everything about it. Anyone else have one and if so what do you think of them?

·
Registered
820 Posts
I tried to convince my wife to buy one last time she was getting a new car but it was more vehicle then she needed. I love the looks of the FJ Cruiser. Good luck with the new ride.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I had one for a couple years, absolutely loved it. It got around very good in mud and snow. I traded it only because I really missed having a truck bed to haul things.

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Funny thing is my wife has always wanted one of these and been asking for one for awhile now. Unfortunately she also wanted 3 rows of seats so I told her to pick since she couldn't have both and she ended up with a Nissan Armada about a week ago. Well, after coming home with this for me I got what I expected. A huge smile and "that's awesome"...followed by "does this mean we get to trade"...followed by "you're a jerk" after I said no.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
My brother has one they are pretty cool.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I like it, how much space do you have in back.

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The back cargo area is pretty decent and I would say comparable to our Xterra we used to have. The back seat isn't huge though but works just fine for my 10 year old and 7 year old. So far I love this thing way more than the wrangler I traded in on it. Nothing wrong with the wrangler but this thing is much better quality and ride with way more room for cargo, sits a whole lot higher than a stock wrangler and comes standard with locking rear diff.

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks Ron, and here I thought nobody liked me anymore!!

SOME MORE GOOD NEWS!! Man, things keep getting better with this thing. So aside from the cold air box intake the previous owner installed and the dual Borla exhaust he installed I found he left me one more treat. So, ever since I got this thing it seemed like it sat pretty high and looked pretty aggressive. Having never driven one before I just figured Toyota made them that way. Well, yeterday I parked next to my buddy's 4" lifted jeep sitting on 35's and noticed mine had the same ride height and ground clearance so I snuck my phone around the tires to snap pics of the suspension. Sure enough, a full 2-3 inch suspension lift all the way around! The dealer didn't advertise or mention any of this prior to me looking at it. So not only did I get it for 3k less than KBB stock price but I got all these goodies to boot!

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
nice...i was just goofing around building one of these online...when i was all said and done it was MSRP at 39k.

I am not sure i could live without my truck though. I think I am destined to always have a truck. i want one of these too though. I hate throwing big deer in the back of SUVs while i am alone.

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Nope. Toyota erroneously put that it requires premium fuel in the owners manual but they run just fine on 87. It's been discussed and proven for years that 87 is plenty.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts