The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been looking at a few different crossbows as I would like to have two in case of unforeseen issues. I had a few on my list without breaking the bank. So about a month ago I was looking at the Centerpoint 415 Amped which sells for on average of $379.00, just recently I found out that the 415 Amped is the same as the 415 Heat, and the 415 Patriot (Walmart Exclusive). Last week on crossbownation.com some said the Patriot if found at a Walmart is being sold for $169.00 !!! I searched local Walmarts lastnight, and found that the Riverdale, NJ and Franklin, NJ stores each had one each. This morning I called each store and confirmed with them, so I went to the Riverdale Store first, they searched the stock room and found nothing I asked the manger for a raincheck he said NO!!! I then headed 20 mins north to the Franklin store same thing nothing in the stock room but the manger was more professional. Heading home I stopped for Bagels while eating I decided to check once more and only the Hamburg, PA store was showing they had it, showing 3 in stock......So I called and spoke to a young man by the name of Joe Sporting Goods Sales associate, he had me on hold for a few minutes and then told me sorry none in stock, ok thank you. So about 90 mins later while home watching TV my phone rings, It's Joe from the Hamburg Walmart....He spoke to the Manger and they searched the stock room and found one.....I'll be there within one hour please put my name on it......I get there, and meet up with Joe, and he and the manger went to get the crossbow !!!! What a deal, $179.14 with tax......12" axel to axel when cocked, a deal I couldn't pass up!!! Now I will replace the scope, and of course the bolts

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
7,757 Posts
Geez, I live like 10 min from that store and I had no idea....

lol

Glad you got a good deal and had a good experience with who appears to be a conscientious Walmart employee.

·
Registered
8,839 Posts
With initiative like that, I see a district managers position in Sporting Goods Sales Associate Joe's future. :smile2:

·
Super Moderator
7,757 Posts
I think I've talked to a Joe there before, but he was not "young". Not "old" either...I'd guess late 50's?

If it's who I think it is, the guy's on the ball, and then some.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think I've talked to a Joe there before, but he was not "young". Not "old" either...I'd guess late 50's?

If it's who I think it is, the guy's on the ball, and then some.
The Joe I spoke to is in his 20s, and just started working there 3 days before

·
Super Moderator
7,757 Posts
Gotcha. Seems the name is a solid one, lol.

I'm pretty sure the older guy I talked to was also Joe, and he was pretty sharp and on his game, too.

·
Registered
18,627 Posts
Great! Enjoy your new bow!

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I called the store the very next day and spoke to the store's manger and praised this young worker

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just some updates:

I haven't even set up the crossbow as of yet, as I want to to upgrade the scope, quiver and bolts for hunting.

So far I got a great deal on a brand new, never used Hawke Sport Optics 1.5-5x32 XB1 Crossbow Scope (XB1 SR Illuminated Reticle) retails for $199, I got it for $100

For bolts, Last season I purchased these bolts without the lighted nocks and they flew excellent tight groups from my Centerpoint 380 out to the furthest I was able to shoot which was 50 yards.

So with getting my new Centerpoint 415 I decided to try the same bolt with the lighted nock.....I got three in a pack on sale for $29.00 and had a $10 coupon, paid $20.00

Now I know the quiver I want, and that will be the Kwikkee that holds 4 bolts, I can either just buy the mount that attaches to the crossbow and use the Kwikkee I have for my other crossbow, or just purchase the quiver and mount.....

I will wait till spring to shoot it, on a nice calm day

Attachments

·
Premium Member
23,866 Posts
Nice addition without breaking the bank!!

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yet another update....

I had the trigger worked on, it's now 2.5 IB., pull with a 1/8" trigger creep, also replaced the standard metal bolt retainer with brush retainer

1 - 19 of 19 Posts