The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
You can be buried in a cardboard casket if you want. Most cemeteries require a concrete outer vault mostly so you don't have a cave in when the casket desinigrates. Also in some places near rivers a vault is required to lessen the chance of upheaval and floating away. There are lots of places that will allow direct burial.
About the only law I'm aware of is you need 3' dirt above the burial. Worked in a church cemetery for 2 years in between maintenance jobs. Kind of a creepy job but you are your own boss out there ,not much feedback from the customers.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Wald Jager said:
You can be buried in a cardboard casket if you want. Most cemeteries require a concrete outer vault mostly so you don't have a cave in when the casket desinigrates. Also in some places near rivers a vault is required to lessen the chance of upheaval and floating away. There are lots of places that will allow direct burial.
About the only law I'm aware of is you need 3' dirt above the burial. Worked in a church cemetery for 2 years in between maintenance jobs. Kind of a creepy job but you are your own boss out there ,not much feedback from the customers.
HAHA

Any negative feedback is dealt with immediately eh?

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You know, there is a big move on to get away from the jacked up cost of Chinese made caskets. I deeply regret I didn't make these for my two sons. I just couldn't do it.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: Just finished # 8 and #9

The cross was stained with strong coffee. That gave it a nice color against the raw pine top. All "eco-green", with four pegs to align and secure the top.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts