The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
2,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is my sons first year as a mentored youth. Early in the week we were able to get him to the range to put some rounds through his new 7mm08 but due to much work schedule couldn’t get him out thurs or Friday. My brother in law was planning to take my niece to camp to try and fill her 2h tag on Saturday. I Had a 2h tag as well so me and the boy decided to tag along.

We did a short sit on Saturday morning but dead woods and rain sent us back in for breakfast. Headed back out in the evening and ventured a little further in. Got to see several cow elk and a nice bull on our way in. Sat a couple hours seeing squirrels and the bull again so about 6:00 we decided to start out. We had followed a gas access rd in so the walking was easy for the kids. On the way out kicked two deer. I guess they weren’t too spooked because they just slowly looped around behind us. We turned around and got the kids set up. My niece was able to take the larger doe and my son followed up by harvesting the smaller button buck.

Would have been a great day without the kills but that topped it off great for his first trip! Now he is picking on me because he got a “mountain” deer before me.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
3,851 Posts
Awesome, congrats to all of you!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts