The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
11,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Raiders coach Jon Gruden resigns as coach , over e- mails he sent out to others. Raiders Owners and CEO are requested to review e- mails and act acordingly along with the NFL top people. Another blak eye for the NFL.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Funny how only certain people emails are leaked and I'm not saying what Jon Gruden said was right or wrong but he's entitled to his opinions. I'd love to see some of Joe Biden's emails or Barack Obamas emails scrutinized and I guarantee there'd be some unflattering emails from those guys over the years. Every one of every nationality has said something distasteful about another human being so lets not just single out Caucasians. I'd like to see some of Ilhan Omar, AOC or Corey Bushes emails over the last few years and see what disparaging remarks they have made toward other human beings.

"Ye without sin cast the first stone"

·
Registered
11,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You forgot Hillarys e-mails as well. And you`re right about whose e-mails are leaked and the one that are not.

·
Registered
6,810 Posts
Funny how only certain people emails are leaked and I'm not saying what Jon Gruden said was right or wrong but he's entitled to his opinions. I'd love to see some of Joe Biden's emails or Barack Obamas emails scrutinized and I guarantee there'd be some unflattering emails from those guys over the years. Every one of every nationality has said something distasteful about another human being so lets not just single out Caucasians. I'd like to see some of Ilhan Omar, AOC or Corey Bushes emails over the last few years and see what disparaging remarks they have made toward other human beings.

(y)

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
Seems to me this was some kind of personal beef. How the heck do 10 year old emails just suddenly surface? I assume there is something deeper here, some kind of blackmail situation. I don't think this is the same as other cancellations.

I don't know the guy but he comes across on tv as an absolute douche. Choose to live a public life, he should have known better 10 years ago to be careful what he says, to whom, and the mode of communication.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Seems to me this was some kind of personal beef. How the heck do 10 year old emails just suddenly surface? I assume there is something deeper here, some kind of blackmail situation. I don't think this is the same as other cancellations.
My understanding from skimming an article is that the Redskins had some type of audit where 500,000ish emails were examined for content. Gruden, while working for ESPN, wrote something in one of those emails about the way someone looks.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Politics may have something to do with Grudens resign? Gruden critcized former president Obama and called then vice president joe biden a nervous clueless p---y.

Gruden criticized Roger Goodell for pressuring former rams coach to draft q---rs. That was a reference to Michael Sam who is gay. Carl Nassib is gay who played for Penn State and is on the Raiders rooster. Maybe Carl Nassib has something to do with the email's surfaced from 10 years ago? Gruden want in the NFL when this took place.

·
Registered
4,311 Posts
The emails were identified as part of the investigation of the sexual harrassment and other crap that was going on (allegedly, I don't follow that story) inside the then Washington Redskins organization.

Gruden in an email to Bruce Allen said union leader Smith, who is black, had "lips the size of Michelin tires". I think that one was 2011.

They have other emails going into 2018 where he ripped Goodell, Eric Reid, the idea of a female ref, and so on. The NFL office sent the emails to the Raiders.

When the Michelin lips email hit, Gruden explained that he calls people that lie "rubber lips" because they can't get their words out right. I don't know, never heard that one before.

I think the other emails got "leaked" by the NFL itself to basically force Gruden out. The NFL is too powerful and protective of its brand to put that kind of stuff into the hands of someone it does not trust completely. Gruden had called Goodell the p-word (for female genetaila) and the f-word (for a gay man), so does anyone think Goodell would not have a bone or two to pick?

Once it was all out, that Gruden had disparaged blacks, gays, women, and the Commish, he was done. Either resign or be fired.

And yes, its not bright to put stuff in emails, social media, etc. Once there, its there forever.

·
Registered
905 Posts
If you're a POC liberal you can do and say anything and you'll be handsomely rewarded. Especially if you call for the destruction of conservative irredeemable deplorables.

·
Registered
905 Posts

It's not just racial. It's okay to say or be racist, homophobic, misogynistic, etc. if your a woke liberal. Not if your a conservative POC or not. Just look at the NC Lt. Gov. He's a conservative black man and is facing the wrath of the woke left mob for calling LGBTQ+/- filth. If he was liberal, nobody would care.

·
Registered
11,530 Posts
It’s sort of obvious that Gruden isn’t a very good guy but there are a lot of people in the NFL who are not good guys . Many probably way worse than Gruden from the players all the way to the owners .
So tired of cancel culture. Everyone has done things or said they regret or were insensitive but if you’re a white male kiss your career goodbye .
Not saying I feel bad for Gruden but can’t stand the double standard . I also feel people should be entitled to their own opinions and not have to act a certain way just because others may be offended. We need to go back to a time where Gruden would still be the head coach with a opportunity to redeem himself and let the rest of society decide whether they are willing to forgive him or not .

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
I also feel people should be entitled to their own opinions and not have to act a certain way just because others may be offended.
That's it right there. For some reason gays think it is ok to call people homophobes because they don't agree with their disgusting lifestyle, but they have a problem when they are called a f-----. I don't care what people do in their private life, but if you are going to try to push that crap on me then you should be prepared to face the truth. I have as much right to be disgusted by that lifestyle as they do to live it.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
It just depends o who you are and what your views are!!!! If Grudens last name was Biden well it wouldn’t have mattered one bit what was in his email or laptop!
Nfl is dead to me now anyway!!!! I hope it collapses. Haven’t watched it in the last 2 seasons. Don’t miss it.

·
Registered
11,530 Posts
It just depends o who you are and what your views are!!!! If Grudens last name was Biden well it wouldn’t have mattered one bit what was in his email or laptop!
Nfl is dead to me now anyway!!!! I hope it collapses. Haven’t watched it in the last 2 seasons. Don’t miss it.
His son was emailing his lawyer using the N word and it has totally been swept under the rug. He even made some appearances by his dads side at the White House and MSM didn’t mention it at all .

·
Registered
4,311 Posts
With Gruden it wasn't politics or wokeness that took him down.

If he were black and gay, but still called the Big Boss the p-word and f-word in emails to other league employees, he's toast.

Michael Corleone would have been wrong on this one. It was personal, not just business.

Think about it. You own a business. You find out that for years one of your employees, perhaps your best worker, has been sending emails to your other workers calling you a p-word and an f-word.

You really gonna keep him around?

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Ghee......if someone looked at my emails from 30 years ago (time frame is a bit fuzzy) I'd also be "stoned to death." People change over time.....some good, some not. I'm not ashamed to say that when I was a young man, I though I knew it all and my opinions were always "right." Now....not so much.

I also think the organization could have looked at those emails and made a judgement of "do we release this to the public?" Who made that decision?

I can bet you that most people have disparaging remarks to say about their employers...and most have likely said something that "today" would be considered "astonishing." I'm certain I've said on many occasions my superiors were Homer Simpson "Dolts"....and quite sure as a boss my employees thought the same of me under some circumstances.

If the "standard" is name calling of a superior, or someone who can influence your place of employment, then everyone in the free world would be fired!!

·
Registered
22,663 Posts
So a racist, misogynistic, a- hole was outed when the content of his emails revealed the true content of his character.

No mercy in this dojo for Gruden. Got what he deserved.

Dont care if it was politically motivated or not. One less assclown in the public eye is always a good thing.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts