The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before marriage I would sit at a stop light for hours because I didn’t have anybody to tell me the light changed to green. :lol:

·
Super Moderator
12,491 Posts
Got my drivers license at age 16. Worked for 49 years, traveling all over the U.S./Puerto Rico weekly, received complementary awards from a few rental car companies for the frequency of use...gold and platinum levels, drove thousands of miles in a company car and put thousands of miles on several personal vehicles when I did not have a company car. Some days drove 600-700+ miles a day through strange cities and states prior to navigation systems using maps and asking directions. All this too often during rain, snow, ice, heavy winds, flooding, etc. Day/night.....detours, heavy traffic....One winter drove every week end from Scranton to Buffalo, NY in heavy snow because the airports were closed.

All those years and hundred of thousands of miles. I though I was during pretty good; however, I was shocked to learn I did not know how to drive after I retired and there two of us in the car......

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
Just saying as I did before. I’m thinking about organizing a wife swap. Not a kinky one like back in the 60’s. I just would like, for a change, to hear a different voice telling me that I am doing everything wrong.

·
Registered
39,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
All those years and hundred of thousands of miles. I though I was during pretty good; however, I was shocked to learn I did not know how to drive after I retired and there two of us in the car......
Did she take your good driving awards away too? :jestera:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts