The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
40,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A young boy was spending Sunday afternoon with his grandpa.

Looking at pictures of his grandpa in his military uniform, the boy asked, "Grandpa, did you ever kill anyone in the war?"

"No champ, I never did."

"That's a good thing, isn't it Grandpa?"

"You're telling me kid," began grandpa, "I was the cook!"

·
Banned
14,317 Posts
A little army story
In 1976 I was taking basic at ft Jackson SC . They had some new barracks but the group I went thru with used WW2 barracks. Polished center floor with double bunks going around 10ft from the walls.
So anyway I had KP early one morning. while doing the duties an E4 which was God to us called all of us together and annouched (close enough)That a private had his watch taken and if someone would just give it back there will be no issues. The guy was from my barracks and he was a nice guy.
So later I am sweeping and the E4 comes over to me and says go in the back around the corner and get the dust pan off the shelf. So I went to that location and reach up grabbed the dust pan pulled it down and there is a watch laying on it .
I say to myself oh no I'm not touching that watch.
So I went back to the E4, I was mad and excited. I told him about the watch and he said just give it back to the guy, I said no way I'm not touching that watch. I stormed out of the mess hall with the E4 ordering me to come back. I went strait to the CO and told him the story and he backed me 100%. The guy that bunk above me was getting stuff stolen and I think the whole thing came from that. they wanted to bust me

·
Banned
40,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Were you wearing pants at the time?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts