The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not a big fan of hunting with a rifle these days and am more or less a bow hunter. I have been letting my buddy use my 30-06 for deer and have been taking out my family passed down guns for rifle. I didn't want to ruin these guns so i asked Santa for an inline. I got the new CVA Wolf and topped it with a TC universal muzzleloader scope. This is a pretty decent set up. I know it is not the same as a flint lock but i figured i could use this to bring back a little excitement to rifle season and better my chances to put some meat in the freezer early.

My dad gave me a flintlock last year and I plan on using it. Somewhere along the lines i had broken the front site. i used it the first year he gave it to me and missed a doe. Although I wont be taking it out this year i plan to get better with it this year and be ready for late season next year.

i like the extra challenges in the outdoor sports and Archery and Fly Fishing are my favorite past times. I hope to add muzzle loading to the list next year.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Enjoy, and have fun. You must be in the elite 10% of people that can do that.
The rest have trouble finding-seeing deer let alone using anything besides a rifle

·
Premium Member
4,365 Posts
You'll never regret choosing to chase whitetails with a smokepole with a flintlock on the side. We're the only spot in North America which has a special season for flintlocks only, and we need to see that it remains uniquely Pennsylvania!

·
Registered
5,590 Posts
Amen Brother Berks, Amen

If you want a challenge when hunting, if you enjoy hunting in the solitude of Penn's winter woods, if you want the satisfaction of harvesting a game animal with a primitive firearm then by all means get yourself a flintlock rifle and meet the challenge that many will never undertake.

Enjoy!!!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Welcome to the addiction. Before you know you'll have one in every caliber then you'll get into pistols lol. There are a lot of ranges that do blackpowder shoots. See if you can find one in your area. Most of the time they are a great group of guys and you learn a lot. I go to one twice a month

·
Registered
137 Posts
Welcome to the addiction. Before you know you'll have one in every caliber then you'll get into pistols lol. There are a lot of ranges that do blackpowder shoots. See if you can find one in your area. Most of the time they are a great group of guys and you learn a lot. I go to one twice a month

1 - 8 of 8 Posts