The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
28,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be writing a whole story on this (of course) but wanted to share my son John's(14) morning success. Saw 11 does, and 1 buck... this FAT 5 point was chasing the 11th doe right past the stand, 15 yard shot, double lunged, 20 yards and down, all in sight, unfortunately not on video. The first kill for Johnny's the Parker Hornet, his second buck and fourth deer in his 5 year hunting career

BTW, Pap saw a BIG boy from his stand up the hill further and just could not get him to stop so he tayed on the hill, with all those does and two bucks paying attention to them already...this story may not be over, so i will write it up when it is. Gotta go peel this deer!!!!

·
Registered
12,245 Posts
Way to go Johnny!!! Congrats!!!! Can't wait to here the whole story!!! Hopefully another chapter gets added before the end of the day.

·
Registered
28,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks folks...as always it is appreciated!

Still waiting on the call from Pap..he heeds to go home tonight unfortunately or it would be one great night of celebrating here. I hope he is having a PM like we did AM, from my experience I am going to say he just started seeing deer again around 3.

Deer is cooling now, all peeled and gotta say I never ever want to get hit with a crossbow propelled slick trick....OUCH.

Incredible year, simply incredible...almost has me scared how great of a year the red gods are making it, lil Joey, My wife and Maybe Jessica? are the only shooters left for the opening day of rifle and Johnny and I are looking forward to be support staff for that. They are all in Hershey today for the Marching Band Championships, and we thought we got up early to hunt..
, hopefully they will call soon to get the news.

I love what hunting adds to life, just no words...

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
Congrats Johnny thats a dandy of a 5 buddy! One heck of a year for you so far John. Can't wait to see what else is in store for you guys! With this kinda success I'd get yourself a bear tag and give it a shot!!!

·
Registered
5,350 Posts
WOW you guys are puttin a hurtn on those boys up there! Congrats on beautiful deer. All this action and the hunting year is still young.

·
Registered
28,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Congrats.....is that the old Kelly Cooper Tru Leaf Camo I see in those pics
YES SIR...I loved that stuff and had full outfit of it, which is now Johnny's, a bit faded but still some of the best camo there ever was, only problem with it is that it was not around nearly long enough.

I remember turkey hunting with my Dad when I first got it fresh out of the box and after a set where we were about 70yards apart he could not fins where i was sitting...LOL

Cool you bring that up, that is why I love talking hunting here...

Thanks guys for all the comments, John will like them, he is sleeping in today using that extra hour to its fullest...LOL

·
Registered
28,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
5chunter said:
Congrats Johnny thats a dandy of a 5 buddy! One heck of a year for you so far John. Can't wait to see what else is in store for you guys! With this kinda success I'd get yourself a bear tag and give it a shot!!!
We got them, another PA change made us bear hunters last year, our next hunt with Pap is a bear hunt at his house, came close last year...

·
Registered
49 Posts
Kelly Cooper is a personal friend of mine, I have a whole wardrobe of that old camo, Ive been wearing that camo since I was a kid, have you seen his new leafy suit camo?

·
Registered
28,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
That is not the one he did in partnership with tre-bark is it? I did not like that stuff nearly as much....We are realtree guys now, but back when RT and MO were establishing their emipires Mr. Cooper had the right idea.

Hey send me a PM so I don't turn my sons buck post into talking camo history ...LOL

1 - 20 of 29 Posts