The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any experience planting with a john deere planter? I was looking at purchasing one of the rebuilt 2 or 3 rows. They can adjust spacing to 15" for me to plant beans and i can plant corn with the different meters. And there's a no-till option. I've also talked with a couple different guys who rebuild them and there are ways to plant fall blends. Just looking to see if guys have used them and what their experience is with it. I would like a no till drill but worry about lift capacity of my tractor which is a kubota L2501.

·
Registered
12,360 Posts
I kinda looked at them before but never have pulled the trigger. They would be cool to own especially for planting corn or soybeans.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well my buddy and I pulled the trigger on one. Should be done in couple wks I’ll let you guys know how it works this spring.

·
Registered
12,360 Posts
Well my buddy and I pulled the trigger on one. Should be done in couple wks I’ll let you guys know how it works this spring.
Post some pics when you get it and let us know how it works.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Its a 2 row john deere with the row units from a 7100. It comes with precision corn meters and bean meters fully adjustable transmission. I'm also getting the no till option with the heavy down springs. I'll def post pics when we get it and post how it works.

·
Registered
4,220 Posts
Its a 2 row john deere with the row units from a 7100. It comes with precision corn meters and bean meters fully adjustable transmission. I'm also getting the no till option with the heavy down springs. I'll def post pics when we get it and post how it works.
Schweeet. The no-till option would be awesome. I'm looking forward to the pics and the reports. How big of a tractor do you have to pull it?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Kubota L2501 the planter is 800# for the two row wanted the 3 but would have been pushing it with our tractor 3 row is about 1100#

1 - 8 of 8 Posts