The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know the type of dog John has, speed, format,grit nose mouth etc? I recall seeing 2 or 3 yrs ago he had a nice FC, bred heavy in wire creek line?

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
John, not sure which dog you are taking about , as John has a few. Probably Aesop. John is a great trainer, watched him a few times, talks quietly, and has patience. He can bring the best out of a dog. You should come to a trial and see his dogs, to see the type.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
On the conservative side, His most accomplished dog is FC Cable's Aesop. Has won a ton of awards.
Slower SPO and GDB formats.
Nowhere near as slow as brace speed but he def likes accuracy more than speed.
Very nice fella.

John L

·
Registered
11 Posts
John knows a good dog, really nice guy. I judged his aesop dog and his female bonnie plenty of times. They are not speed demons but they will cut you to death if you screw up. Good nose as well

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
I haven't judged near as much as some guys, but Aesop is probably the best I've judged. Lots of other judges apparently agree as he had, I believe, 52 wins when he was retired from trialing. As others have said, he is not the fastest hound, but is very accurate, and will cut a pack to pieces.

The litter I have listed is out of him. As stated above, John is a super nice guy, with a calm quiet demeanor.

Good luck.
Brian

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm not sure how Aesop is bred but he can run a rabbit. I've judged him and marshalled his class many times and he always impressed me. I've seen him run up with faster dogs but turn when they didn't which is what I think Brian was alluding to when he said cut them to pieces. I've also seen two of John's FC females run. Bessie was more conservative and a line running machine. Bonnie had more foot but less control. Both hunt and handle well.

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
I'm not a beagle pack guy. What does it mean "Cut a pack to pieces"?
Makes the turn from the middle of the pack when the front runners over run the track. I've seen several instances where he has caught up to the pack at a loss and chopped right through it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts