The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever use 1/16 or 1/32 oz. jigs with 2" curly tail twisters. have you had any luck and what ccombination of colors works best for you ? I would like to give it a try this spring for wild browns and rainbow. I fish big water (Delaware river). Thanks for any help you can give me.

·
Registered
5,583 Posts
x2. Pearl is a good color as well, but basically the same as white. I use white baits for SM and trout 90% of the time. LM i use black or chart.

·
Registered
7,391 Posts
I'll use the 1/32oz twister tails occasionally. I usually stick with white also. Not saying other colors won't work, but I've tried yellow, black, and chartreuse, and for trout, white is the one that works for me. Now, smallmouths are a different matter.......

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
No but the cast masters and swedish pimples work great for jigging trout especially through the ice

·
Registered
8,449 Posts
white twistertails top the list, natural colors work well too. use a little heavier jighead on the bigger water. ive found the berkley 2 inch powertail grub to be a good bait for fishing deep pools. its basicly a powerbait infused twistertail.

·
Banned
2,524 Posts
I have great luck on small white jigs for creek trout. You may even want to try small fluke or tube style plastics on the jighead, just for a different look. Even try some white hair jigs. Theyre awesome in cold water. Weve done pretty well on all of those styles in creeks. The warmer the water, the more action the bait should have. Stockies seem to bite just about any color in creeks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts