The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14,314 Posts
Yes. I used them to rebore/rechamber (and other little necessary stuff involved) a Marlin 30-30 to a 444. My only complaint is that when they re-installed my bbl they turned it a touch too much and the front sight sits a couple degrees off of straight up/down. Nothing that I couldn't correct for with the sights , but you can see it. I didn't really care and didn't bring it up to them because I was scoping it anyway and I removed the sights. I had removed them before I sent it out or they probably would have caught that anyway. I'm sure they would have made it right if I asked.

Rifle shoots really well. It can cloverleaf at 100 yards off the bags if I do my part.

·
Super Moderator
7,757 Posts
I had a model 70 rebored from 30-06 to 35 Whelen. Very happy with the work and it was done quickly and professionally.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
want to get a pump carbine 06 bored to 35 whelen , cause i have given up on my search to find a 35 whelen carbine

·
Super Moderator
7,757 Posts
Then Jess is your man. He will knock that out for you pretty quick. I sent him my M70 and had it back, finished, within 3 weeks of when I put it in the mail. It's probably my favorite PA rifle, hands down. I didn't use it this year because I bedded the stock late in the summer and I think I have some "clean up" to do on my bedding work. The rifle is sound, it's my bedding that needs fixed.

I took that M70, it was a 30-06 in a tupperware stock, and I put it in a McMillan and then had it made into Whelen. It's about as perfect an all-purpose PA rifle as I can imagine...for me at least.

I have no hesitation recommending JES.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts