The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 191 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm told Jerry Feaser will be on WHP 580 AM at 5 PM on the Bob Durgin show tonight, http://www.whp580.com to talk with Bob about new poaching law, including how or if gun rights will be effected...

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
If you can read, it doesn't take a radio program to tell you there is no affect to gun rights.

·
Banned
22,296 Posts
LMBO!!!
I hope folks are listening to this....

Especially those who said it wasn't a gun rights issue!

You don't even have to go to jail under this new poaching bill and lose your right to own firearms.....You guys got hood-winked!

·
Banned
22,296 Posts
This is a riot.....Feaser is stammering!

·
Banned
22,296 Posts
GAWD!....I hope they make this tape available for those who missed it. I hope all the Senators who voted for this are listening too...either they are flat out liars or are inept.

I am dieing here...LMBO!

·
Banned
22,296 Posts
Try again JohnS.....the ammendment doesn't save your gun rights. This has got to be the slickest smoke & mirrors thing gun-owners have experienced. And we did it to ourselves. I bet even Barbara Boxer is rolling on the floor laughing about now.

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
There is nothing new, there were things you could do long before the poaching bill passed where you could lose the right to own a gun, like domestic violence, even if only accused, Katie true did that long before the poaching bill was in the hopper. I don't have to try again.

·
Banned
22,296 Posts
You're right...there is nothing new.
The NRA was spot on with its concerns as usual...

Definately one of those "careful what ya ask for" moments.

·
Registered
21,381 Posts
Why would any of us care if a poacher (which is a criminal) lost the tools they use to carry out their deed? I sure don't!

I support law abiding citizens maintaining their gun rights. Others, not so much.

·
Banned
22,296 Posts
But it wasn't about gun rights remember?

What was the NRA thinking?....LMBO!

I have to give a big thumbs up to whoever pulled this smoke and mirror deal off. I wouldn't be suprised if they get a job in the Obama Administration.

I wonder if those Senators who held out for that last minute ammendment feel snookered at all?.....LOL

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
Hodge you may care if some bottom feeding poacher loses his right to own a firearm. I won't waste one millisecond worrying about it, nor will I worry about it affecting any one who is law abiding. With rights come responsibility, if you can't be resonsible you lose some rights. Tough cookies. You worry more about bottom feeders than anyone I have ever come in contact with.

·
Banned
22,296 Posts
I don't give a rats patootie about bottom feeding poachers.
But I did enjoy Feaser.....If I remember right his definition of a chronic poacher was 3 illegal deer in 7 years....and wallah!

I thought this bill was for the "hardcore" poacher.
There is a reason I call PA....California East.

·
Banned
22,296 Posts
I am glad you got that sound bite.....it gives me a good belly laugh every time I listen to it. It is hard to believe the legislature is that inept to not relize the Federal Laws are going to come into play. Smoke and mirrors or one of the best conspiracies I have seen in a long time.

But the poaching bill has nothing to do with gun rights and the second ammendment!..What the heck is the NRA doing sticking their nose in it for.......LMBO!

What a hoot!

·
Registered
954 Posts
Karl, simple question...do you hunt? A pregnant doe in January is a pregnant doe in rifle season since most female deer are bred in the middle of November and rifle season starts end of November or the beginning of December.

A simple but good idea...charging illegal deer for the yet to be born. Brilliant idea and you will make a fortune defending the innocent or semi-innocent. Makes tagging a pain as you won't know how many tags you need till you check the gut pile. Pure genius!!!

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I know when they get pregnant... BUT only when I shot a few on the 26th of December have I noticed a visible fetus... In fact I remember my buddy commenting, "this bladder is huge".. I dissected it to show him the two nickel sized babies...

You have to remember I'm the guy who once supplied a school with beaver fetuses for bio lab...

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
Unless I am mistaken I don't believe there are "Conditions" for the 2nd Amendment of the Constitution. Citizens of the Great USofA have the right to keep and bear arms. An attack on anyones rights in America is and Attack on all of our rights in America. I am amazed at how many people in America think its fine for the government to erode our rights. So which is it people? Big Government controlling our lives or small government letting us be free?

·
Registered
746 Posts
Why do we care if a criminal loses his gun rights? They should lose them. Besides why would a criminal obey the law to not own a gun if they willfully have committed crimes which are against the law.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
zhuntman said:
Why do we care if a criminal loses his gun rights? They should lose them. Besides why would a criminal obey the law to not own a gun if they willfully have committed crimes which are against the law.
See the problem is what is the definition of crime. For instance in Florida a law makes most sexual positions considered "normal" to most folks a serious crime... Should I lose my gun rights because I got out of the missionary position? Laugh, but you could be prosecuted...

Tomorrow it might be a felony not to enroll in government healthcare, and as you say a law is a law, so who cares if you don't enroll and lose your gun rights... I mean, you would be a criminal under the law, and fair is fair... or can you see that restraining the power of government is the real issue here?

What if the government said you lose your gun rights for ALL crimes, where would you draw the line? speeding? late local tax return? jay walking? parking illegally?

After all if you say a law is a law, and that's the law, will you comply?

Because that's how government steals your rights slowly over time, felons first, then misdemeanors (do you know what the Lautenberger Amendment does???)..

...so are summaries next? And will you support it? Based on what you said you will.... Anyone who disagrees with me need only study how fascist and totalitarian regimes did it in the past, piece by piece....

Like a frog being cooked in water going up one degree at a time you won't hop until it's too late, and then my friend your gun will be the rebar in the dull grey concrete tenement your "right to housing" will get you...

·
Banned
22,296 Posts
What I find comical about the whole thing is it was fed to PA hunters on a silver spoon, and they swallowed it like mashed potatoes.....

They don't have to take any rights away.....We give them away willingly if they put the right buzz phrase on it. Hopefully people learned a lesson on this one and who to be wary of in the future.

1 - 20 of 191 Posts