The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Super Moderator
23,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got some jerky out on the smoker, gonna have at least three loads to do today, mostly venison, but this first load does have some beef

·
Super Moderator
23,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
theres alot of wind so ya might be able to catch a wiff

·
Super Moderator
23,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
first load is almost done

·
Super Moderator
23,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
1st load is done and second is almost done, luckily i got it all in two loads. winds have really picked up and i even had to take my baffle out but smoker is still chugging along pretty good dispite the wind.

·
Super Moderator
23,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
looks good dude, i been snacking all day, i doubt i'll eat much for dinner. just got done vaccum sealing some for later. i wish i'd pulled the ribs outta the freezer last night they would be good tonight for dinner, but chicken wings will be good too

·
Super Moderator
23,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
maybe santa will bring ya one

·
Registered
12,369 Posts
I'll be firing up the 2 Smokers tomorrow Morning...

I'll have to remember to take pictures and add to this..

5 pounds of Snack Sticks, 10 pounds of Bologna, 10 pounds of Summer Sausage, 10 pounds of Trail Bologna and 5 pounds of Jerky...

Gonna be a fun and busy day....

Getting all that done and setting some traps...

Oh and Hopefully I remember to shoot my inline and not be like Tater last year and let it go till after new years!

·
Super Moderator
23,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i'm thinking about using it this week, hope i get a shot at something or we'll have to go thru it all again

·
Registered
12,369 Posts
Jerky is done...Snack sticks are at 140 degrees and the bologna is at 118 degrees.....

Ran into a little problem this am...my Father-in-law and I fired up my Smoker and went to start his up and it snapped a breaker....so, he decides we will try another outlet... same deal.. so he says to me..
"Lets run over to Gander Mountain and see what they Got.. I Just Want to Look"

Well, I knowing my FIL, I KNEW he wasn't just going to look....we went, he picked out another Lur Jensens Big Chief like he had and bought it.. brought it home, got mine loaded up with the Bologna and his new 1 with the Jerky....Jerky got done around 2 and I put the snack sticks in his after removing the Jerky...

My Daughter is digging into the Jerky already....I'm going to have to Hide the remander of it or she will have it gone in 2 days!

NO I didn't shoot the Inline off today....but it will be sometime this week...that gun isn't gonna sit in the case until Memorial Day loaded like your's Tater!

·
Registered
12,369 Posts
first of the snack sticks are out.....168 degrees on these in 5 hours... this new smoker is getting things done pretty fast... it has a temp control that you can not regulate...FIL likes that, I perfer my Sausagemaker that I can adjust the temp....the new smoker holds between 185-200

1 - 20 of 22 Posts